Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That is round trip, and we do not have many 12 hour jobs. Actually, none here.

The lower seniority guys usually get stuck on the 8 hour jobs, since a lot of the old timers want that big money on the longer jobs.
On paper we don't have any 12 hour jobs either, but we seem to have no shortage of guys who consistently "work" 60 hour weeks...

fedx

Extra Large Package

The lower seniority guys usually get stuck on the 8 hour jobs, since a lot of the old timers want that big money on the longer jobs.

That's exactly what I would want would be the 8 hour jobs. Geeze now you're making it sound too good.

fedx

Extra Large Package

Does UPS hire part time feeder drivers or are they all full time? Do they hire casual drivers? Not seasonal, but casual where you could be called up throughout the year?

robot

Has A Large Member
Does UPS hire part time feeder drivers or are they all full time? Do they hire casual drivers? Not seasonal, but casual where you could be called up throughout the year?

We have a part time feeder guy. Kind of like a TCD in package car. He’s called in when they have the work otherwise he works in the hub.

Non sequitur

There is a perception that stubble burning contributes to atmospheric CO2. However carbon dioxide releases are only slightly greater than those from natural decomposition.

Common farming practice to clear a field.

Driver7906

When there are no full-time employees willing to be trained for feeders, what's your suggestion?

Some hubs are moving part-timers up into feeder after exhausting the bid sheet of full-timers. After the part-time list is exhausted, they hire off the street.

I worked with a few holiday hires in feeder and I was sorry to see them go after peak. One of them mentioned that it was the best job he’d ever had.

Csdsm18

Not in the right area but I'll try anyways. I'm a tractor trailer driver for Fedex Express. I have about 5yrs under my belt with the company. Was curious about jumping ship to UPS to be a feeder driver. I get about 45-47hrs a week now working overnight 630pm-430am. Do you guys work many 10-12hr shifts? I like my 9hrs and have the opportunity to get 2-1030pm shift but I'll lose my OT but I'll have a somewhat better schedule. What do you guys think? Any advice? Thanks