Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Management no longer manages. All they do is follow orders from up above and pass it on. It's why I stopped talking to them about my route. They weren't able to do anything about it so why waste my time. Sups in feeders are a different breed. I had my sup give me his personal number when I was new and told me "You call me for anything. I don't care if its 3AM if you are jammed up and need help call me".

Yeah, he sounds like he is on his way out. Our managers and on-road people are the new breed. Most of them never drove, they know it all and are trying to change the world.

542thruNthru

If you are a yard dog your hours don’t count toward driving?

If he stays on property no but if he leaves the property it does right?

Screenshot_20190412-225145.png

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ok so if shifting isn’t considered driving then how many hours could you potentially work shifting?
As many as you want. HOS regs only limit the amount of time you can drive a commercial vehicle on the road. We have guys who routinely hit 15-16 hours shifting on the yard after they finish their last road leg.

Undercover Boss

Who says we can’t use logic?
As many as you want. HOS regs only limit the amount of time you can drive a commercial vehicle on the road. We have guys who routinely hit 15-16 hours shifting on the yard after they finish their last road leg.
Wow. Good to know if I wanted to earn some extra cash.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
How does this affect their 10 hours off before their next start time unless, of course, they are coverage?

They still have to have 10 hours off before the next shift if that shift involves driving on the street. Not sure if that’s the case if you’re working in the yard the next shift.