Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not sure if that’s the case if you’re working in the yard the next shift.

You only need 10 hours off if you will be "on road."

If you never leave the yard, no part of the HOS applies.

You do not need 10 hours off and you can work beyond 14 hours.

Hell, you don't even need a CDL if you never leave the yard.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
So who is right?

Both, all paid hours count towards HOS but if you don't leave the yard HOS doesn't matter.

You could drive up to your 60 hours for the week and stay late or work another shift on the yard... You just can't drive on road. You would then need a reset before going back on road.

Same with driving up to your 11 or 14 daily. If you run out of drive time you could stay and shift 12 more hours if they would let you, but all those hours count towards your 60 for the week and you need 10 hours off before going back on road.

averageguy14

So BETPA ended up running out of equipment so they sent about 10 of us out of NEWPA with empty sets. Get there and now all of us get to bobtail 270 miles back. Cant get any easier lol

Johney

So BETPA ended up running out of equipment so they sent about 10 of us out of NEWPA with empty sets. Get there and now all of us get to bobtail 270 miles back. Cant get any easier lol
Yea and they'll have 10 BETPA guys run loads down to NEWPA. I once had to go pass the airport(15 mins away) to go to the railyard(an hour and a half away) so a driver at the railyard could go to the airport cause the train was late.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We had a guy take an empty set to a meet point 4 hours from our building, then pulled a different empty set back. lol.

We once had two guys do that...problem was they were both from our building and their loads were actually at the meet point. I think they were about 100 miles from the meet point before they were sent back for their actual loads

Indecisi0n

How about if we post pictures of things that we caught on pretrips that will help noobs ? This isn't mine but I saw it posted elsewhere

Untitled.jpg

ManInBrown

Betpa is a joke. The people that work in the office are clowns. The whole place is off the street drivers. No one knows what they’re doing. I was supposed to pull a load out of there all peak, and they gave it to a contractor and told me they had no empties. Hooked up to one every night and drove right out.