trickpony1

I heard the same thing. In fact I was told it was possible to take your CDL test in an automatic and if that's the case then you are ONLY able to drive automatics. I still don't believe it.

That's correct in my state.
I think a restriction is put on the drivers license.

Kick it back.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I heard the same thing. In fact I was told it was possible to take your CDL test in an automatic and if that's the case then you are ONLY able to drive automatics. I still don't believe it.

That's correct in my state

That's correct in my state.
I think a restriction is put on the drivers license.

The FMCSA allows automatics only and then an "E" no manual transmission restriction is placed on your license.

Drivers

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No we only go as far as Kayenta. We're hiring because of the 40+ Coyotes they use every peak and anytime there is alot of work like Prime week.
Nice.... :censored2: the coyotes.... always enjoyed it when they come into our restroom and start brushing their teeth and taking a sponge bath in the sink.... seen it more than once...smmfh

Coldworld

60 months and counting
06C1C546-6999-416A-AEEA-FAD34FE1914B.gif
2CBE9FB9-B41C-4715-8B4E-79F993536A27.gif
40CB3EE0-52EB-4D6E-9023-4C0DDCB1DBC1.jpeg
B6D48C79-D2D6-4716-A2B4-AFF2A7469246.gif
DD1BA59F-7727-4CE1-9740-E5809F5F0DE1.gif

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Nice.... :censored2: the coyotes.... always enjoyed it when they come into our restroom and start brushing their teeth and taking a sponge bath in the sink.... seen it more than once...smmfh

That's the difference in locals. Our local doesn't care as long as everyone has been offered work or is working. There could be guys in package or in the building, if no one is available or answers they have a free pass to use contractors.

Last year they let contractors and freight guys run 5 day peek runs in day cabs... meanwhile, our bottom drivers are stuck shifting or cleaning trailers with 6-9pm start times.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's the difference in locals. Our local doesn't care as long as everyone has been offered work or is working. There could be guys in package or in the building, if no one is available or answers they have a free pass to use contractors.

Last year they let contractors and freight guys run 5 day peek runs in day cabs... meanwhile, our bottom drivers are stuck shifting or cleaning trailers with 6-9pm start times.
Yes that is bull:censored2:.... also heard the coyotes were bouncing if they weren’t getting decent work and ups wanted to keep them around ....we don’t play those coyote games here....

ManInBrown

Was talking to a driver in Willow Grove one night. I needed the combo for the bathroom. And he said they had to put a lock on the door when they found a coyote taking a shower in the sink.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Was talking to a driver in Willow Grove one night. I needed the combo for the bathroom. And he said they had to put a lock on the door when they found a coyote taking a shower in the sink.
There have been some that have stunk up the bathroom so bad that there needed to be fumigation.... absolute death smell...

Csdsm18

Question can ups feeder drivers transfer to different states and keep there pay or whatever the pay scale is in the new state or do you start over with pay and seniority?