Johney

You are working in a different classification but you are not changed to that classification . I know a lot of guys who have bumped into the building during slow layoffs and they all get paid feeder pay.
But how long are they inside? We get feeder pay also, but not if we stay in that department. The few that have gone back usually bump back to package to stay away from the double shift nightmare, some if it is only a short layoff just work one shift inside and then take off the rest of the week.

the5280

Hello all....
Didn’t know where to post, but was offered a full time feeder job, making the switch from the purple people eaters. Reading some of the post sounds like I might be making a mistake if I will be getting laid off all the time??? Any input would be appreciated

Johney

Hello all....
Didn’t know where to post, but was offered a full time feeder job, making the switch from the purple people eaters. Reading some of the post sounds like I might be making a mistake if I will be getting laid off all the time??? Any input would be appreciated
What type of input are you looking for? Can you get laid off? Absolutely. Depends a lot on where you are working.

the5280

What type of input are you looking for? Can you get laid off? Absolutely. Depends a lot on where you are working.

Denver, CO. I would say the main input was about the lay off. Hopefully it’s a good decision in the long haul making the move. Has to be better than freight and food service. Did few years at :censored2:co money was the only reason I stayed so long

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
$20 is $20.
picdump_2822_51.jpg

Johney

Denver, CO. I would say the main input was about the lay off. Hopefully it’s a good decision in the long haul making the move. Has to be better than freight and food service. Did few years at :censored2:co money was the only reason I stayed so long
It will pay off if you don't mind eating crap for a few years. Then again I know nothing about Denver so things out there may be completely different.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They would not be pleased if I ever got bumped back to package prison.
I got sent back to package the first year I was in feeders. I asked the center manager to give me my old route. He told me he had given it to a runner-gunner. He told me I was now a cover driver. I told him that I had never been a cover driver, and had no desire to be a cover driver, and that I thought he was making a mistake. First day I ran about 10 stops and started calling for help. I was back on my old route on day 2. On top of all that, I was told that I was a "bad influence" on the younger guys. I think the center manager called feeders and begged them to take me back ASAP. lol.

Indecisi0n

I got sent back to package the first year I was in feeders. I asked the center manager to give me my old route. He told me he had given it to a runner-gunner. He told me I was now a cover driver. I told him that I had never been a cover driver, and had no desire to be a cover driver, and that I thought he was making a mistake. First day I ran about 10 stops and started calling for help. I was back on my old route on day 2. On top of all that, I was told that I was a "bad influence" on the younger guys. I think the center manager called feeders and begged them to take me back ASAP. lol.
When they would send me out blind they regretted Everytime. It didn't take long for me to train them . I pushed a broom a lot as a package guy.