brostalss

6ADC8CD9-09BA-41E4-A598-59EF8E5D02A7.jpeg

Had a lucky charm with us on our Sleeper run from Los Angeles to Brooklyn, Iowa.

Indecisi0n

Can they pinpoint where you are live on GPS when on road? I know they estimate the time between hubs and such but can they pull you up live and see exactly where you are ?

542thruNthru

Can they pinpoint where you are live on GPS when on road? I know they estimate the time between hubs and such but can they pull you up live and see exactly where you are ?

They can do it in package, I'd assume they can do it in feeder also.

It's not live but I believe it refreshes every 3-5 min

Johney

Not when you're in scenic, countryside, Podunk America on your way back from an even more Podunk extended center.

Besides...if something gets screwed up it's the dispatcher's fault.
Maybe not, but everywhere we can possibly be sent to there is someone I know who has been detoured around every exit.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Maybe not, but everywhere we can possibly be sent to there is someone I know who has been detoured around every exit.
One of the best pieces of advice I got when I was in training was ask the senior drivers about anything you're not sure of, 9 times out of 10 they'll give you a better answer than whoever is answering the phone in dispatch.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
A runner came off of 95 just outside of Boston , actually waved at him , then dove out in front of his feeder ! Christmas time , my bud was messed up real bad for longest time , the nut lived !! Now his family is suing UPS , tractors been impounded now almost 7 yrs while the suit continues !

Johney

One of the best pieces of advice I got when I was in training was ask the senior drivers about anything you're not sure of, 9 times out of 10 they'll give you a better answer than whoever is answering the phone in dispatch.
Same here. Sound advice too.