Ask a Feeder Driver, Feeder Driver FAQ

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 104Feeder, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

All our tractors are hand me downs, so no telling what they were set up for. We don't ever get new tractors here.

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Good . More for us!

3. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Way to be a team player. I hope you get a 267 series Sterling next shift.

4. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

I just moved up from a 268 International to a 271 Sterling.

5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

eeiuuu....we don't have any old stuff. I'm in a 2019 Kenworth after someone wrecked my Freightliner. The Freightliner did come back, but I like the Kenworth better than a tractor thats been wrecked. They're never the same.

6. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

A sleeper driver told me there is/was a grievance in Texas. He said that tractors are supposed to be governed at the speed limit and in Texas it's 75mph.

Our building is trying to cut mileage runs for some reason while it seems many buildings I meet are adding them. I know some buildings pay anything over 500 as mileage which would be nice.

7. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Not much of an upgrade.

8. robot

robot Has A Large Member

Man those 268 internationals are real ass beaters. They turn on a dime and can pull though

9. Indecisi0n

I love Sterling's !!

10. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Way to rub it in. We have garbage here. From a Freighliner to a KW. Aren’t you special.

On a side note the best old garbage tractors are the 270 Internationals. Shift like butter and turn on a dime. Only downside is breaking your back when hitting bumps in the road.

11. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I drove more tractors in my career than is normal I think. Started off with a GMC 5 speed with a wet clutch. Then a Ford, Sterling, snub nose international, long nose international, cabover international. Finally a Freightliner. Worst riding tractor was the Ford/Sterlings, which are basically the same tractor. Best riding tractor was the cabover, but I hated driving it. I couldn't stand looking down over the grill.

12. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Ain't nothing wrong with a Sterling.

13. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

You have never drove any of ours.

14. Indecisi0n

I'll do yours if you do mine ?

15. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Not a chance.

16. Indecisi0n

Live a little ...

17. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

It's only broke down on me twice in the last 3 weeks.

18. Yeet

Yeet Active Member

We have a few Sterlings left but they are only used as training vehicles and the shifters might use one if there aren’t enough birds.

19. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I've seen plenty of trashed out sterlings, but that will happen to any tractor when they make it a spare and nobody takes care of it.

20. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I don't know how many I've seen with the whole dashboard falling off.

Held on with bungee cords.