Indecisi0n

Technically you're not supposed to go on delay unless you're being held past your pull time.
I was never told that . I was told as soon as you are done all that you can do go into delay. So that's what I do . Working as directed .

I know they do this to get off of "feeder time" makes them look better on lists . I really don't care either way .I just do as I'm told .

Indecisi0n

How often does the company bring in an upholstery company to come clean these tractor seats ? I'm concerned about all the deadskin that's on the surface from getting in and out all the time.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I was just curious is all. Being from package I know that everything was calculated down to the minute so to have this much "freedom" just seems odd. There are hubs I go to that are known for just being crazy so waiting 45 min for a door is not uncommon. Then there are days I pull in and don't wait at all. This is why I was asking.

Have you ever looked at your schedule? I don't follow them for break or meal time, but it's good to know how they want you to document your time and when to go on late sort. Some buildings we wait 3 hours but they only want 15 minutes of central sort. Some pickups they want us to go on shifting, others they don't. There seems to be little logic used on many of them.

I had to explain to a supervisor and dispatch one day that we need the door closed a few minutes before our pull time to make it out on time. You have to verify the door is closed, pull up, inspect the rear of the trailer and verify seal control, then check your ivis to make sure it is correct. After that sometimes you get to wait a few minutes for your ivis to verify everything. You can't leave the minute the door is sealed.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

Have you ever looked at your schedule? I don't follow them for break or meal time, but it's good to know how they want you to document your time and when to go on late sort. Some buildings we wait 3 hours but they only want 15 minutes of central sort. Some pickups they want us to go on shifting, others they don't. There seems to be little logic used on many of them.

I had to explain to a supervisor and dispatch weone day that we need the door closed a few minutes before our pull time to make it out on time. You have to verify the door is closed, pull up, inspect the rear of the trailer and verify seal control, then check your ivis to make sure it is correct. After that sometimes you get to wait a few minutes for your ivis to verify everything. You can't leave the minute the door is sealed.
Sounds like package . Every sup and hub does it their way .

Johney

I had to explain to a supervisor and dispatch weone day that we need the door closed a few minutes before our pull time to make it out on time. You have to verify the door is closed, pull up, inspect the rear of the trailer and verify seal control, then check your ivis to make sure it is correct. After that sometimes you get to wait a few minutes for your ivis to verify everything. You can't leave the minute the door is sealed.
We have pinhead sups who think it's ok to seal both doors 5 minutes before pulltime and think you can build a set and leave on time.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We have pinhead sups who think it's ok to seal both doors 5 minutes before pulltime and think you can build a set and leave on time.

Not to mention the fact that they almost never update trailer percentages. As soon as you assume the 15% your board says is the rear, it's updated to 99%. I check every trailer or seal control before I drop my dolly. If I was on a set run I would have a good idea which is usually heavier, most weeks I run 5 different jobs so I don't have a clue.

Hadjabear

I had to explain to a supervisor and dispatch one day that we need the door closed a few minutes before our pull time to make it out on time. You have to verify the door is closed, pull up, inspect the rear of the trailer and verify seal control, then check your ivis to make sure it is correct. After that sometimes you get to wait a few minutes for your ivis to verify everything. You can't leave the minute the door is sealed.

They sent us a message that the moment we are off the door we need to hit leave. Told them that I was just going to check with DOT if I should record time while I'm still pretripping and waiting for guards to seal check as drive time, never heard anything since.

trickpony1

They sent us a message that the moment we are off the door we need to hit leave. Told them that I was just going to check with DOT if I should record time while I'm still pretripping and waiting for guards to seal check as drive time, never heard anything since.

I was, essentially, told the same thing and because I was "in the act of leaving" it wasn't falsification.

Never mind that I had to wait for 3-4 drivers to hook up sets so there's enough room to get by or...I had to go to the shop.

Hitting LV while still in the yard makes their departure times look good but it makes your drive time overallow.

Can't have your cake and....

ManInBrown

Have any of you been so tired/out of it you drove to the wrong hub?
I heard a crazy story last week. Casual years ago gets a load sent to him. An RCHFL going to the railyard. Heads out on the road and calls them 3 hours later and asks where can i get gas? They say where are you. Im in Virginia. He thought the load was supposed to be driven all the way to Florida. Lol. They have a Virginia driver meet him and take the load. Heads back to the building and gets walked off, never seen again.

Indecisi0n

If you are that tired you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a tractor-trailer.
True. I never been that tired but doing the same job for two weeks I sort of was in a groove then a last minute change which took me out of my normal routine almost had me go to the wrong HUB. Luckily I have a habit of looking at the SLICK and repeating it in my head before I outbound.

Johney

True. I never been that tired but doing the same job for two weeks I sort of was in a groove then a last minute change which took me out of my normal routine almost had me go to the wrong HUB. Luckily I have a habit of looking at the SLICK and repeating it in my head before I outbound.
I hear ya I hated being vacation cover,changing routes and start times every week. It screws up your sleep schedule. I've gone as far as to take extra meal at times on long runs because I was too tired. Not hot loads(don't go there)mind you.
Oh it's a "SLIC"