brostalss

Yeah it sucks when it happens when you’re on the road and going uphill and when it downshifts the transmissions faults and you get caught in neutral/low gear limbo. Sometimes no place to just pull over. Dangerous if you ask me

I had a KW get stuck in 8th going down a major freeway down grade with a full load. Rig had only 28k on the clock.

Indecisi0n

I think the transmission fault, at least the one i experienced had something to do with the idle shutdown. When mine faulted i never got the countdown to shutoff for idling. The 300 seconds. It just shutoff on its own. And when i started it back up thats when i couldnt get it into gear. For my money, the new Freightliner’s seem so much better than the new twin screw KW’s. I really never experience any issues when i cover a job that has that tractor.

I dont know why the company feels the need to buy all different brand’s of new tractors. Makes no sense. Buy one kind. And then the mechanics will only have to worry about fixing one kind of tractor. We still have a bunch of old tractors but we have plenty of new. Mechanic in my building told me the KW’s are the biggest pieces of sheet.
UPS got a Black Friday deal on those KWs

ManInBrown

I was told all tractors w/o DEF will be ADA soon.
They’ve been saying that for years where i am. I was told you cant buy parts anymore for tractors without DEF. Can still run them into the ground and scavenge parts for the ones still running off the ones that are parked on property that are already ADA.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Good, we have a few old internationals that have 1.8-2 million miles in our district that run at the farthest out buildings. They break down constantly, yet magically get repaired. They need to be junked. Those poor drivers get no love.

ManInBrown

Good, we have a few old internationals that have 1.8-2 million miles in our district that run at the farthest out buildings. They break down constantly, yet magically get repaired. They need to be junked. Those poor drivers get no love.
Thats terrible. Nobody on a road job should be driving an old broken down international.

Pickles

Does anyone know weight limits?

1. Single axle tractor with a single axle pup?

2. Twin tractor with a single axle pup?

3. Twin tractor with a 45’ twin axle trailer?

Thanks in advance.

Pickles

Asking because I pulled a pup today from a CPU with a single axle trailer that had 3000 packages in it. Ranging from 1 pound to 70 pounds.