BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

quad decade guy

How is it about me? I follow my training and did nothing wrong.

It's about you because you complained that feeder drivers create a hazard by not properly securing hoses that you have to constantly correct(paraphrasing). Oddly, I would reason that you would try to somehow, some way communicate with someone about it. Oddly.

542thruNthru

It's about you because you complained that feeder drivers create a hazard by not properly securing hoses that you have to constantly correct(paraphrasing). Oddly, I would reason that you would try to somehow, some way communicate with someone about it. Oddly.

Like bring it up to the saftey committee so that they can observe him and report him to management? Why isn't a supervisor or manager doing safety observation to help these issues. Is it because they have their little boot licker helpers in the safety committee doing it for them?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Like bring it up to the saftey committee so that they can observe him and report him to management? Why isn't a supervisor or manager doing safety observation to help these issues. Is it because they have their little boot licker helpers in the safety committee doing it for them?
Agree. Not my job. I did my part. It is management's job.

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Why do you care how long it takes? You are getting paid. That's how you were trained. It's all right there in your attitude. "Takes too long" "I don't have to do that" "That's dumb" "I'll never get hurt"
But then, are you the guy that only follows methods when there is someone watching?
Right. Tell that to management why it took you an hour to get off the yard and see how that goes.

quad decade guy

@quad decade guy

Still waiting to hear from you.

It's a valid question.

You've been on this forum, for 8 days.

Trying to "bust balls" with veteran UPS drivers.... is not going to work out.

Relax.... and learn a thing or two.

There is nothing to be gained, by being a brown nose.

;)

-Bug-

Sorry for the delay. You really have no clue who I am nor does it really matter, hourly or Mgt. The subject is safety. You can take it any way you please. Perhaps YOU could "relax...and learn a thing or two". I've been a "veteran" UPS'er for longer than some of these snot nosed tough guys have been alive. Brown nose? Hardly. I'm talking to YOU. 8 days? I've been a UPS'er for 14,000 days. "Work out"? Not sure what that means but "is not going to work out" would be someone getting injured or even killed by deliberately reckless, obstinate behavior. And by declaring only Mgt. can do anything about safety is intellectually dishonest.

quad decade guy

Right. Tell that to management why it took you an hour to get off the yard and see how that goes.

Good idea. Get them to demonstrate. And are you saying that they would demonstrate twirling the handle? To save time? How about running to your tractor? That saves time too. Not wearing your seatbelt even more. Keep the justifications coming. I'd love to see them all.

quad decade guy

No genius, it would seem that oddly, if the mechanic went to the driver and said "Did you know that I have to remove and replace the hoses in their proper storage area every time I work on you tractor? It's a tripping hazard for me and is unsafe"."Could you help me out here?" Maybe in an alternate universe, this might help.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Good idea. Get them to demonstrate. And are you saying that they would demonstrate twirling the handle? To save time? How about running to your tractor? That saves time too. Not wearing your seatbelt even more. Keep the justifications coming. I'd love to see them all.
I spun the handle in front of my sup and not a damn thing was said about it. I’m not arguing with you to work safe. We do get paid by the hour after all. I just think you’re being too careful when it comes to the landing gear. You know, crawling would be a lot safer than walking to the tractor. You could slip and fall if you walk.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Ive already gone down that road with backed off parking brakes on package cars. So many drivers think they know it all and think an autimatic park position is a substitute. They think the sun shines out their ass and management does nothing to curb it despite me notifying them.
Plus the willingness to pull the useless park brake tells me they are willing to try and throw me under the bus when it isnt there when they need it. I am done trying to engage with them about things they should allready have been trained on and primarily affect their safety and not mine.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I spun the handle in front of my sup and not a damn thing was said about it. I’m not arguing with you to work safe. We do get paid by the hour after all. I just think you’re being too careful when it comes to the landing gear. You know, crawling would be a lot safer than walking to the tractor. You could slip and fall if you walk.
We had a driver knock out some teeth twirling the handle. one such accident in 20 years for over 150 drivers . I get your point though. It only takes one.

quad decade guy

Well, maybe you could hit him in the face with your crank handle. Trust me, I know many Sup's that are more of a liability than not. Especially these days. Some are just idiotic.