quad decade guy

Ive already gone down that road with backed off parking brakes on package cars. So many drivers think they know it all and think an autimatic park position is a substitute. They think the sun shines out their ass and management does nothing to curb it despite me notifying them.
Plus the willingness to pull the useless park brake tells me they are willing to try and throw me under the bus when it isnt there when they need it. I am done trying to engage with them about things they should allready have been trained on and primarily affect their safety and not mine.

I am sympathetic. Your experience is mine. Except when that pkg. car rolls away and kills an innocent person of any kind.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Most rotator cuff injuries are from pulling the 5th wheel handle. If the safety committee wants to do something useful they could make sure that every tractor is equipped with a pin puller.
90% of the tractors I’ve been in had pin pullers. I’ve used one maybe a handful of times. I just can’t get it in my routine to use them.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
90% of the tractors I’ve been in had pin pullers. I’ve used one maybe a handful of times. I just can’t get it in my routine to use them.
I always use a pin puller, that's a pretty serious end range motion doing it by hand. Doesn't take much to tear a rotator cuff when your arm is extended like that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
once you get it into your routine you'll wonder what took you so long. it saves you from getting grease on your uniform shoulder also.

Mack37

Last company I worked for started ordering all the tractors with air release fifth wheels. They’re nice, I wish they would just be industry standard already.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had a pin puller, used it every time. Beats running your shirt sleeve over a grease covered hula skirt. Pin pullers don't guarantee anything. I tore my rotator cuff using one.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Right. Tell that to management why it took you an hour to get off the yard and see how that goes.

If it takes an hour, it takes an hour. I’m mileage, and I never rush to get out. Most days I’m looking for load bars to secure my loads.

I leave when I’m ready, not a moment sooner.

Screenshot_20190911-210728_Drive.jpg
Is anyone able to clarify mileage progression? Spoke with several stewards and have received different answers. I'm asking about article 43 section 2. I have been told If you didnt run a mileage job before August 1st the progression is still 4 years. The language on this one is confusing. "But will be paid the rates as set forth above"? So top mileage rate or not?

Last edited:

Hadjabear

View attachment 262965 Is anyone able to clarify mileage progression? Spoke with several stewards and have received different answers. I'm asking about article 43 section 2. I have been told If you didnt run a mileage job before August 1st the progression is still 4 years. The language on this one is confusing. "But will be paid the rates as set forth above"? So top mileage rate or not?
If you were on a mileage run before August 1, you are grandfathered into a 3 year progression until top rate and that progression pay is whatever year you are on in the 4 year progression scale(because it is a higher rate)

brostalss

Back from a Sleeper to CACH. That place is crazy busy. If you aren't told how to get into the yard it'll take you forever to find the entrance.

The Dispatcher we dealt with was a total D-Bag. Stress monster.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
View attachment 262965 Is anyone able to clarify mileage progression? Spoke with several stewards and have received different answers. I'm asking about article 43 section 2. I have been told If you didnt run a mileage job before August 1st the progression is still 4 years. The language on this one is confusing. "But will be paid the rates as set forth above"? So top mileage rate or not?
I’ll have to ask one of the mileage guys as they’re flying by me on the highway.