Ask a Feeder Driver, Feeder Driver FAQ

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 104Feeder, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I normally do not go under the trailer. The only thing I will crawl under to make sure of is to check the pin. I have a good flashlight so I can clearly see the pads and drums from standing beside the trailer.

2. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

You can see the bottom pad but not the top, and it's tough to see the drum surface. If you're satisfied with your pre-trip nothing I can say will dissuade you.

3. Indecisi0n

Yes the bottom is what I am looking at. If the brakes were "caged" wouldn't both the top and the bottom have space ? They aren't independent of each other right?

4. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

Good reason to wear pants and practice your limbo skills. Not only will it improve your pre-trip, it will get you lots of attention at Club Med.

5. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

You would hope, but that isn't necessarily so. Plus I've seen wheel seal leaks soak the upper pad and not the bottom. You're responsible for all of those parts being inspected, but UPS will love you if you don't crawl under.

6. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

20190812_190140.jpg

Still holds air, passes my pre-trip...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

If you have a Webster's dictionary, check out the word sarcasm. Lol.

8. Knothead

Knothead Yep.

Holds air and metal apparently.

9. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

You didn't detect the levity in my response? Besides, some noobs or PC drivers might not be aware of some terms used in the feeder department. I was just trying to be helpful, Dave.

10. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

When I first started I had a rail pig with a palm sized hunk of metal in the tire. Took it to the shop at the rail and they pulled it out but when they realized they did not have the right tire they hammered it back in. Find a different rookie, I TO'd back.

11. What'dyabringmetoday???

I'll try to pay attention.

12. IGotARock

IGotARock Active Member

How else are you gonna check tread depth without really getting under there?

13. What'dyabringmetoday???

I know some drivers that appear to have night vision and/or x-ray vision. Lol.

14. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

What you do in your personal life isn't relevant, lets keep this thread work related!

15. Hadjabear

Hadjabear Member

16. So 30 minutes of property time would satisfy the rest period requirement, basically working someone 14 hours with no break.....

17. Pickles

Pickles Member

Great, now we can work 14 hours and 50 minutes. Ugh.

18. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

You can but why would you want to?

19. Indecisi0n

Because we don't already have enough trucking accidents.

20. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

Rumor has it, that some drivers complained to the Union about not having enough time to get their CLP and now the Union to UPS they must give at least 30 days notice before the class start date, Now school is cancelled until further notice. (sad face)