trickpony1

Sounds like liberal fake science

Really?

Third hand smoke definition
Thirdhand smoke refers to residual exposure via surfaces that have encountered cigarette smoke. You’re likely familiar with secondhand smoke exposure that occurs from inhaling smoke from someone else using cigarettes. Thirdhand smoke, on the other hand, deals with surfaces you touch that have nicotine residue on them.

542thruNthru

Really?

Third hand smoke definition
Thirdhand smoke refers to residual exposure via surfaces that have encountered cigarette smoke. You’re likely familiar with secondhand smoke exposure that occurs from inhaling smoke from someone else using cigarettes. Thirdhand smoke, on the other hand, deals with surfaces you touch that have nicotine residue on them.

Yeah because the internet doesn't have any liberal fake science on it. I'm sure I can find plenty of global warming facts on the internet as well.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That's a little harsh isn't it? I mean can't you ask him to stop first. Then give him the ultimatum before going to managment?
I'm not wasting my time. Everyone already knows that it's prohibited, if a guy is doing it anyway he clearly doesn't care. Don't want to get a warning letter for smoking in the tractor? Then don't smoke in the tractor.

ManInBrown

Someone posted this one a few years back:

Absolute morons. I see it every night. The new thing is, with the push to get over when the cops have someone pulled over, I’ll get in middle lane, and some maroon from Swift or Fedex gets all bent out of shape and gets in the right and flies past the cops.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Kinda what I was thinking, but I suspect he may deny it.
Exactly the situation we've run into here. Cover driver was smoking in the tractors, when approached by his fellow employees he just lied about it so we had to get management involved to make him stop. Now I just eliminate the middle step.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It's obvious you've never been in a tractor that was driven by someone who smoked in it all night...
We had a driver who used to leave whatever he had for lunch on the floorboard. His specialty was chicken bones. All the drivers had a little cubby holes that dispatch could put stuff into them (checks, nasty notes from your on road, etc) They were about 5" square. I'd leave his chicken bones in his cubby. He got the message.

542thruNthru

I'm not wasting my time. Everyone already knows that it's prohibited, if a guy is doing it anyway he clearly doesn't care. Don't want to get a warning letter for smoking in the tractor? Then don't smoke in the tractor.

That's up to you.

This seems like a safety member (@quad decade guy ) running to management to tell them someone did something they shouldn't.

If he doesn't want to listen to a polite request then by all means.

But again to each their own