Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Every SAIA driver I come in contact with is an *. If you have half the crap attitude I've come in contact with you're done here long before you even have a chance.
I have the same experience with car carriers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadhouse

Every SAIA driver I come in contact with is an *. If you have half the crap attitude I've come in contact with you're done here long before you even have a chance.
I’d say most of them are. Their wives are probably ugly too. I work my 60 hours with a smile always on my face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
SAIA are car carriers? Biggest Jack :censored2: on the road. Zero patience. Flicking the high beams from a half mile back for you to move. Total A holes
No SAIA is not a car carrier company. I can’t tell if you’re being serious or trying to be a smart ass. I was saying @Johney opinion of SAIA matches mine of car carriers.

WannaBeFeeder

If they don’t want the feeders spots I’ll gladly take them. How dare you turn feeder school to throw boxes on porches and run from German Shepard’s. Tssssk !

quad decade guy

Howdy!

I just have a quick question. I hope to receive feedback. I have the opportunity be hired in off the street as a FT Feeder driver in Louisville, KY. I currently work at SAIA LTL freight in hopes one day joining UPS. I am supposed to start at the end of April. Is this a bad time to make the transition? Should I assume that I’ll get laid off with the virus still going around? I am aware that hours are never guaranteed when you first start. I’m just hoping I can still work 2-3 day’s a week even with this virus going around. I’m nervous about leaving a decent paying job with great hours just to turn around and be laid off.
Thanks for any and all replies!

Decent and good don't often collide at UPS.

Mack37

Better make sure it’s actually full time. Louisville has always been one for the bait and switch when it comes to hiring feeders. They don’t put temporary or seasonal in the job listing like most locations but they include the peak season waiver in the application process. If that waiver was part of the application, it isn’t full time.

Roadhouse

Better make sure it’s actually full time. Louisville has always been one for the bait and switch when it comes to hiring feeders. They don’t put temporary or seasonal in the job listing like most locations but they include the peak season waiver in the application process. If that waiver was part of the application, it isn’t full time.
When I asked if it’s permanent full time, HR said yes. Is this not good enough to go by? How do I find out for sure. I know they were hiring 40 new feeders here in Louisville.

ManInBrown

When I asked if it’s permanent full time, HR said yes. Is this not good enough to go by? How do I find out for sure. I know they were hiring 40 new feeders here in Louisville.
There’s not a chance in hell you are a permanent employee day one off the street. UPS does not operate like that. Were you hired as a sleeper driver? The only time I’ve ever heard any stories of someone possibly being permanent day one was for sleepers, because they were so desperate. The job and the bennies are way too valuable to just hand to someone that they don’t even know. It just doesn’t work like that. There’s no reason for them ever to do that when they can have you work as a temp for a period of time. Don’t believe a word HR says.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There’s not a chance in hell you are a permanent employee day one off the street. UPS does not operate like that. Were you hired as a sleeper driver? The only time I’ve ever heard any stories of someone possibly being permanent day one was for sleepers, because they were so desperate. The job and the bennies are way too valuable to just hand to someone that they don’t even know. It just doesn’t work like that. There’s no reason for them ever to do that when they can have you work as a temp for a period of time. Don’t believe a word HR says.
I would never presume to say that regarding a location that I don't work out of, because unless you work there you just don't know. I can tell you we've hired FT off the street at my building. Maybe HR is stringing him along, but maybe they aren't. If I was him I would take the job.

MN-Kid

Hey Everyone, I’m out of the airport (MSP) and going to feeder school. Since it is hard to get a hold of some feeder drivers at St Paul, wanted to put this out there. Kind of just looking as to what to expect at school. ThingsI should know before going, things I wouldneed and just some if the seasoned drivers have had good experiences in feeders...etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

WannaBeFeeder

they just held interviews in my area for 10 sleeper team positions off the street it’s permanent of course but no benefits for 4-5 months and no guarantee of runs for you to cover. A couple guys walked out before interviewing

Roadhouse

This is what the application said

Attachments

• 2216DB72-3F2A-4DCC-A20B-92994B9D92E6.jpeg
    2216DB72-3F2A-4DCC-A20B-92994B9D92E6.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 175

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We meet SDFAS drivers and one of them told me awhile back they were letting LCHKY drivers bid into sleeper runs at SDFAS.

The job description says Centennial, not SDFAS, so maybe these guys are replacing drivers who made the move to SDFAS for new sleeper runs.

Also, I've met a bunch of off the street hires from WorldPort, not sure why Centennial would be any different since they are next to each other.