ManInBrown

The best old pile of crap tractors IMO are the Flat nose Internationals. By far the best made and stay held together pretty good. The only problem with them is the lack of suspension will break your back. Try taking one of those bad boys on the BQE to ISLNY or Nassau. You’ll be crippled by the time you get there.

Last edited:

Johney

The best old pile of crap tractors IMO are the Flat nose Internationals. By far the best made and stay held together pretty good. The only problem with them is the lack of suspension will break your back.

Those were sexay
I drove a 269 series Int for a couple of years and while it was a stinky(guy before me smoked cigars)and the dash was taped together it would pull a fully loaded set up to speed in seconds and the one I had for some reason would top out at 75 mph so passing those a-hole shiny wheels who had a hard on for us was no problem.

Knothead

Yep.
I drove a 269 series Int for a couple of years and while it was a stinky(guy before me smoked cigars)and the dash was taped together it would pull a fully loaded set up to speed in seconds and the one I had for some reason would top out at 75 mph so passing those a-hole shiny wheels who had a hard on for us was no problem.
The 270 International that I drove for a couple years was and still is my favorite tractor. It beat the crap out of me and rattled like a sumbich, but it pulled hard and never left me stranded anywhere. I miss it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Those Internationals drove straight too, I had a 269 for a couple years and you could take your hands off the wheel and it would go straight down the road. I got a 272 Mack now and you constantly have to steer it.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Those Internationals drove straight too, I had a 269 for a couple years and you could take your hands off the wheel and it would go straight down the road. I got a 272 Mack now and you constantly have to steer it.
We have a few 275’s that do the same thing. I don’t understand it. Some 275’s you can drive with one hand on the wheel with the cruise set all night and not have any issues. Then there are some you are fighting the whole night to stay in your lane.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It’s a dam scary come to Jesus moment when you blow out a front tire , at first you wobble then you lose almost all control , happened to me last year on a slick nite middle lane Mass pike , was my second time in 17 yrs in feedahs

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Target CPU ::::::: are they all slow and stupid and disorganized??
Or just the three I have been too !!
Omg , they drive me insane !! anyone else ??

barnyard

KTM rider
Target CPU ::::::: are they all slow and stupid and disorganized??
Or just the three I have been too !!
Omg , they drive me insane !! anyone else ??
Ugh.
We have one that will load onto wood pallets and help load them. The other loads onto plastic pallets and demands that we unload the pallets and leave them.

Our pick up volume is starting to drop from them. 3 weeks ago, filled 3 trailers on Monday morning; last week, 2 trailers; and this week, 1.