DRporch

TDP runs here are bid feeder jobs. They tried to have deliver drivers just get a cdl and do it but we won that grievance.
That’s how ours were created, a guy with a cdl was doing big pickups and feeders was coming grievances and they settled on creating TDP jobs

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I watched a guy back up a set into a stop with no problem. I walked up to him and just said "teach me".

He started laughing and said "lots of practice".
I saw a guy backing his lead against the dolly on his rear. The pintle on his lead hit the dolly, dolly popped up and fell right into the pintle hook. To this day I have no idea if he did that on purpose.

Indecisi0n

I saw a guy backing his lead against the dolly on his rear. The pintle on his lead hit the dolly, dolly popped up and fell right into the pintle hook. To this day I have no idea if he did that on purpose.
Yea I heard some guys talking about that but you have to take the good with the bad. Had a driver try to cowboy his set and it went right through the kite.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Yea I heard some guys talking about that but you have to take the good with the bad. Had a driver try to cowboy his set and it went right through the kite.
Yeah that’s the thing with cowboying a set together. Can’t check the height on the rear.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yeah that’s the thing with cowboying a set together. Can’t check the height on the rear.
we were not supposed to try backing the dolly into the rear trailer without first spotting the dolly and checking trailer height but 90% ofour drivers did it tosave time. a couple guys forked the rear trailer a couple days in a row so a supe was out there watching everyone for awhile. Then it went back to old ways after a week .

MrFeeder

Some guys do it like it's nothing. Other guys do 55 pull ups. Lol. I'm thinking to myself for those guys its faster just to spot the damn dolly.
The trick that works for me is literally crawl on reverse but with quick turning reaction on the steering wheel because even with just a second late recovering the “cut”, you’ll need to pull up to straighten. Also a good reference to see if you’re going to “overcut” is to watch the outside shape of your tires and the sharp corner of your trailer. Look outside the whole perspective and you’ll catch a glimpse of natural geometry.