retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Pallets were always a pain in the neck for me. There were CPU's on my run the last 10 years or so. Most businesses didn't want them back the next day. 1 office supply demanded they get 20 pallets every day when I brought them their empty trailer. We had a pallet reseller who came onto our yard and hauled off a flatbed trailer full every single day. He was told to leave the pallets in certain trailers, but hey, he made money reselling pallets, so most days he'd grab mine as well. I'd pretrip the trailer (they used the same 2 trailers every day)and guess what? no pallets. I'd have to go around, find and load 20 pallets most every day. Dispatch would ask me "why you late hitting the outbound gate?"

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
they have a lot of pkgs the same size , but they load random stuff mixed on pallets instead of trying to keep same sizes together, then they push the pallet over to the trailer and wrap it there , I told them several times , wrap the pallet when done , they don’t get it !! I think all those window lickers took the short bus to work.

DRporch

Annual bids around the corner for me, I’m TDP and I’ll be dead last on the pick list. I’m having trouble deciding on going or not. I’m worried adjusting to the night shift/driving a truck long distances while tired. I’m wondering if anyone else had these worries or if it’s something you get used to. I can’t drive my personal car tires let alone a semi

Covemastah

Annual bids around the corner for me, I’m TDP and I’ll be dead last on the pick list. I’m having trouble deciding on going or not. I’m worried adjusting to the night shift/driving a truck long distances while tired. I’m wondering if anyone else had these worries or if it’s something you get used to. I can’t drive my personal car tires let alone a semi
Give it a few weeks , believe me , if you’re nervous , you’ll be to overwhelmed to get tired ,,, if you can’t drive your own car tired , feeders is not for you !! If you are rock bottom be prepared to be on cover , or bounced from job to job , tuffen up and adjust , you’ll have a better life in feeders

Indecisi0n

Cover driving sucks. As soon as your body starts adjusting to the start time it changes. My advice is to take any bid in the beginning at least that way you'll have a consistent start time. All the work is pretty much the same. Don't listen to the cry babies.

DRporch

Give it a few weeks , believe me , if you’re nervous , you’ll be to overwhelmed to get tired ,,, if you can’t drive your own car tired , feeders is not for you !! If you are rock bottom be prepared to be on cover , or bounced from job to job , tuffen up and adjust , you’ll have a better life in feeders

from the few years I’ve watched, our center doesn’t cut routes or have coverage, this is the first time we had routes cut and it was only for 1 week. We had 2 feeder guys have their routes cut

My buddy is on feeders and says the same thing it’s awesome but I also have a super cake TDP route, all pallet pickups and deliver 4 stops

DRporch

Cover driving sucks. As soon as your body starts adjusting to the start time it changes. My advice is to take any bid in the beginning at least that way you'll have a consistent start time. All the work is pretty much the same. Don't listen to the cry babies.

mid have my own route, prob shifter or there’s a couple 40-45hr runs starting around 10pm

rod

Retired 22 years
It’s a dam scary come to Jesus moment when you blow out a front tire , at first you wobble then you lose almost all control , happened to me last year on a slick nite middle lane Mass pike , was my second time in 17 yrs in feedahs
Faulty tire or bad pre-trip? :-)

Covemastah

Faulty tire or bad pre-trip? :-)
I pretrip everything , I’m no superstar runner gunner , idk it just blew , but @ 65 mph , it was a drawer changing experience! The road was starting to freeze over from earlier rain in the day as well

DRporch

What is a TDP ROUTE

trailer delivery pickup, pretty much I do my route/part of my route in a semi

it’s a step in between but it means I have more bidding rights then anyone else to get into feeders so even the guy with 20yrs can’t bid on a feeder route before me

Covemastah

it’s a step in between but it means I have more bidding rights then anyone else to get into feeders so even the guy with 20yrs can’t bid on a feeder route before me
That’s good for you , although I don’t like that system , in Local 25 Boston. Company seniority prevails

Covemastah

So you have feeder experience , that’s good , bid a job , you’ll be fine , get into the same sleep routine everyday

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

TDP runs here are bid feeder jobs. They tried to have deliver drivers just get a cdl and do it but we won that grievance.