What'dyabringmetoday???

we were not supposed to try backing the dolly into the rear trailer without first spotting the dolly and checking trailer height but 90% ofour drivers did it tosave time. a couple guys forked the rear trailer a couple days in a row so a supe was out there watching everyone for awhile. Then it went back to old ways after a week .
Why were they saving time? Odd.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't see where it saves that much time, a couple minutes maybe and that's only if you can nail it without pulling up 2-3 times.

Johney

Especially when UPS wants you to make more money by spotting the dolly first.
That's runner gunners for ya!
Not runner gunner for me, more lazy ass. I would do it at a small building where you would take a lead and a dolly to another building and pick up the rear. The shifter would put it in a perfect spot to come around and cowboy it instead of having to break it down to use your tractor to spot the dolly and build the set or trying to push it up the slight incline by yourself. It's nice in the Florida summer heat to not get out and sweat it up again. Also nice cause everyone was gone when you got to this build so getting help was a no go.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not runner gunner for me, more lazy ass. I would do it at a small building where you would take a lead and a dolly to another building and pick up the rear. The shifter would put it in a perfect spot to come around and cowboy it instead of having to break it down to use your tractor to spot the dolly and build the set or trying to push it up the slight incline by yourself. It's nice in the Florida summer heat to not get out and sweat it up again. Also nice cause everyone was gone when you got to this build so getting help was a no go.
See now that's actually the kind of situation where it makes sense, I doubt anyone has a problem with that (as long as you don't fork the rear trailer). It's the toolbag who has the 800 row all blocked up while he pulls forward for the 10th time...

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Especially when UPS wants you to make more money by spotting the dolly first.
That's runner gunners for ya!
HA! That hasn’t happened to me yet. Here you have to be quick to grab your lead after you spot your dolly on the rear or a shifter will come behind you and move it.

Indecisi0n

See now that's actually the kind of situation where it makes sense, I doubt anyone has a problem with that (as long as you don't fork the rear trailer). It's the toolbag who has the 800 row all blocked up while he pulls forward for the 10th time...
I have a problem with it.

Siveriano

Woot woot.

Got the call today.
Starting June 8

So I have a question. I have to list all my violations according to ups but to be honest its has been more than 8 years when i got my last speed ticket and it was with my FL DL, ever since I move to NJ I have never gotten a ticket.
What should I do?

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Woot woot.

Got the call today.
Starting June 8

So I have a question. I have to list all my violations according to ups but to be honest its has been more than 8 years when i got my last speed ticket and it was with my FL DL, ever since I move to NJ I have never gotten a ticket.
What should I do?
3 years. After that it’s none of their business.