SaladTosser

Kill me now
So I just started feeder class today. What’s this business about Wednesday and Thursday being the hardest? Is it cause of all mechanical parts we need to know about? I used to work on train cars so all that air brake stuff is familiar already.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
So I just started feeder class today. What’s this business about Wednesday and Thursday being the hardest? Is it cause of all mechanical parts we need to know about? I used to work on train cars so all that air brake stuff is familiar already.

Our school would be tougher now because they have to test for their CDL on Friday of the first week. So, by Friday you need to learn and recite your pre-trip as well as the five-and-ten for depth of knowledge.

On the flip side they no longer pull sets all week because permitted drivers can no longer pull doubles in my state. During my feeder school we spent roughly three full days driving around city traffic pulling sets.

In my building it's about 50/50 between washing out during feeder school or the production week.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Our school would be tougher now because they have to test for their CDL on Friday of the first week. So, by Friday you need to learn and recite your pre-trip as well as the five-and-ten for depth of knowledge.

On the flip side they no longer pull sets all week because permitted drivers can no longer pull doubles in my state. During my feeder school we spent roughly three full days driving around city traffic pulling sets.

In my building it's about 50/50 between washing out during feeder school or the production week.
Here if you make it through the first week you're basically in, you really have to screw up to get DQed during production week.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Here if you make it through the first week you're basically in, you really have to screw up to get DQed during production week.
we have had several feeder drivers that have to go thru it twice . one guy went thru it 6 times. he turned out to be oneof the best feeder drivers we had. I noticed that most of the drivers I mentored ( because they had accidents in the first 90 days ) turned out to be very good drivers because they had to work harder at it to become good.

Siveriano

Let’s see what your wheels are looking like
Got a very old one yesterday and today was the first day driving an automatic but it was boring af.
Also, Saturday was all day doing shifts.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-03 at 18.34.18.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-03 at 18.34.18.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 188

Siveriano

For the love of god get some gloves, your fellow drivers will thank you.
where's you gloves?
yeah that was the very first day, according to the SUP training me, I'm one of the very few guys who has done all the work since day one, 6 days on the road and 1 in the yard, and he has not driven yet.
Also today was the only day that I didnt pulled doubles.... going to miss those $8 this paycheck

Got me ma cheap gloves (they get the job done) and my fleshlight (pun intended)

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
yeah that was the very first day, according to the SUP training me, I'm one of the very few guys who has done all the work since day one, 6 days on the road and 1 in the yard, and he has not driven yet.
Also today was the only day that I didnt pulled doubles.... going to miss those $8 this paycheck

Got me ma cheap gloves (they get the job done) and my fleshlight (pun intended)
every night i had to spend 10 minutes cleaning the steering wheel, gear shift , door handles , etc from supposedly professional drivers who either wore their gloves all the time or couldnt keep their hands clean.

ruined my OT departure which was below 10%.

Siveriano

every night i had to spend 10 minutes cleaning the steering wheel, gear shift , door handles , etc from supposedly professional drivers who either wore their gloves all the time or couldnt keep their hands clean.

ruined my OT departure which was below 10%.
Last night we had to wait over an hour for a tractor, I don't think I'm scratching yet.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Last night we had to wait over an hour for a tractor, I don't think I'm scratching yet.
something you should learn about feeder. scratching never matters. i never cared about SW,FW. TA times or nothing about time. Pulling equipment that big is all about doing it right and doing it safely. They will try but never let feeder managers try to rush you.