So my nearest hub is hiring permanent feeders off the street but I’m hearing a lot of drivers are not making it. They only train for 5 days here and then you are on your own. A buddy of mine got hired on in Columbus, Ohio and i guess they give you 2 weeks of on road training there. Can any off street hires tell me how long their hubs train and what
DQs you in less than a week other than unsafe maneuvers ??? My local hub has DQ’D 10+ drivers in the last 2 months i don’t have any doubles experience but also don’t want to be unemployed after 4 days of training

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
So my nearest hub is hiring permanent feeders off the street but I’m hearing a lot of drivers are not making it. They only train for 5 days here and then you are on your own. A buddy of mine got hired on in Columbus, Ohio and i guess they give you 2 weeks of on road training there. Can any off street hires tell me how long their hubs train and what
DQs you in less than a week other than unsafe maneuvers ??? My local hub has DQ’D 10+ drivers in the last 2 months i don’t have any doubles experience but also don’t want to be unemployed after 4 days of training
I have never heard of anyone getting dq here. Some have failed the initial road test.

I have never heard of anyone getting dq here. Some have failed the initial road test.
I know a guy in feeders but he did not come off the street he’s told me all about them needing drivers bad but keep they keep letting guys go in the 5 days of training w/o them having a accident or anything .... WTF is that ? Is it the hub or is it just THE UPS WAY, I’ll go after Fedex Freight if that’s the case

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I know a guy in feeders but he did not come off the street he’s told me all about them needing drivers bad but keep they keep letting guys go in the 5 days of training w/o them having a accident or anything .... WTF is that ? Is it the hub or is it just THE UPS WAY, I’ll go after Fedex Freight if that’s the case

See ya
You’ll fit right in over at FedEx

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We don’t just take anybody that can drive a truck for 5 days without an accident. If they feel like you aren’t a safe driver, you’re gone and honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Nope. Around here they let top seniority/union stewards assign tractors. My assigned tractor is the highest mileage in the fleet. It has been commandeered to train. Keeping in mind I go the farthest in my building. There is no i.e. study or reason as to why a tractor runs a run except the comfort of a top hand. We have 2 million mile tractors going overnight to the farthest destinations with the hottest loads in the crappiest railboxes on the planet. Shrug.
Well at least they are training new sleeper teams at your location.

We don’t just take anybody that can drive a truck for 5 days without an accident. If they feel like you aren’t a safe driver, you’re gone and honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I get that. But why would u hire unsafe drivers and then let them go after 3 days ? Can’t be too unsafe if they passed road test. I think this hub Is just Not on the same page HR hires these guys and on roads basically fire them in a matter of days i don’t care what company u work for that is dead assss stoooopid !!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I get that. But why would u hire unsafe drivers and then let them go after 3 days ? Can’t be too unsafe if they passed road test. I think this hub Is just Not on the same page HR hires these guys and on roads basically fire them in a matter of days i don’t care what company u work for that is dead assss stoooopid !!!!

sometimes it takes a day or 2 until the dumb arse in them really shines thru

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Throw them in the yard if anything ..... my buddy says that they have added Hours of Shifting to damn near every run in the building because they are so short handed 😅😅😅
Why? So they can kill someone in the yard? If you can’t drive like you have even half a brain you shouldn’t be driving ANY UPS equipment.

ManInBrown

Yup. There’s so much more involved then just not getting into an accident for someone off the street. That’s why it’s so hard to be hired permanent. Every year since I’ve been in feeders we have 40-50 off the street seasonals. They might keep 3-5. You have to do everything right, and come to work with a jar of lube. Bend over and do everything they ask with a smile. Work every holiday for straight pay and weekends. Never give them an attitude.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Your buddy is likely full of crap. Very few people at ups have accurate and reliable information.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
What is the policy on alcohol? I’m a new driver having a hard time sleeping. I’ve tried everything and it seems wine is the best way to go to sleep. If they do a random drug test will I be in trouble for drinking wine 12 hours earlier?