over9five

Staff member
It's a new IVIS made by Zebra (it still looks like a phone). They seem to have a much better connection but the screen is smaller and harder to read. They also have a scanner built in so I guess eventually we'll be scanning in equipment or delivering packages. :)
Well, that's just great. I always wish the font would be BIGGER.

barnyard

KTM rider
It's not crazy small but I've heard so e guys saying they ordered the little stylus pens for typing.
That is what I use. The same ones that work with Ipads and Iphones will also work with the Ivis. It is way easier to use a stylus than a dry finger. It took a day to get in the habit of reaching into my pocket for the stylus, once it became a habit, it is faster to do everything with the stylus.

quad decade guy

It's a new IVIS made by Zebra (it still looks like a phone). They seem to have a much better connection but the screen is smaller and harder to read. They also have a scanner built in so I guess eventually we'll be scanning in equipment or delivering packages. :)
Lot's of feeder jobs deliver packages. BTW, when they made the sign in code all the same the other day, nobody told me. I was eventually late as I went through many attempts. I have connectivity issues every day. BTW-do you make calls through your IVIS? To the center and such?

ManInBrown

Lot's of feeder jobs deliver packages. BTW, when they made the sign in code all the same the other day, nobody told me. I was eventually late as I went through many attempts. I have connectivity issues every day. BTW-do you make calls through your IVIS? To the center and such?
Was told the new IVIS doesn’t have the phone function which sucks. Right now I only use the IVIS to call building dispatches. There’s no way I’m using those inbound gate phones with Covid. I didn’t even like using them pre Covid.

Indecisi0n

Was told the new IVIS doesn’t have the phone function which sucks. Right now I only use the IVIS to call building dispatches. There’s no way I’m using those inbound gate phones with Covid. I didn’t even like using them pre Covid.
The IVIS is able to make and receive phone calls. I have never and will never use in/outbound gate phones. They look like they could give you AIDS.

Indecisi0n

Was told this week, the phone function on the new IVIS doesn’t work. So that was incorrect? You have the new one and it works?
My IVIS gets spam calls at least 3 times a day. Ours are fully up and running. You need cellular service on the IVIS for it to work when you are outside a HUB (off Wifi).