Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
These high trailers are really getting old. When are these Wookies gone again?
The fifth wheel on our older Mack’s sit higher than our freights and KW’s. I had a driver at a meet point chase me down and ask me to stop dropping the trailers so high. I told him I leave the legs 3 inches off the ground, how low do you need it?? He had a freight, I had a Mack. 🤷‍♂️

Indecisi0n

The fifth wheel on our older Mack’s sit higher than our freights and KW’s. I had a driver at a meet point chase me down and ask me to stop dropping the trailers so high. I told him I leave the legs 3 inches off the ground, how low do you need it?? He had a freight, I had a Mack. 🤷‍♂️
I get that happens from time to time but some of these trailers are WAY too high. They are cranking the legs to the ground and giving it an extra turn.

Back From Break

So you're the one that does this....

20200908_190041.jpg

quad decade guy

is it easy for feeders to go to sleepers ?
I believe you said you were bottom of the seniority list? Are you on the sleeper intent list? Don't know what that is? No? Ask. Sleepers bid before brown truck. This I believe just happened(intent list). I have heard of really crappy sleeper runs going to the very bottom. You'll have to decide if being a bottom of the barrel sleeper guy is better than being a bottom of the barrel brown truck guy. Best way for a guy like you is to lobby senior sleeper guys to be a "B" or "C" driver. Be aware.....sleepers may not be your saviour.

over9five

Staff member
Best way for a guy like you is to lobby senior sleeper guys to be a "B" or "C" driver. Be aware.....sleepers may not be your saviour.
Strongly agree! Senior sleeper guys pick their partner without regard for any seniority. The bottom guy could be on the best sleeper job in the hub!

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
You guys know many 30 year guys going feeders?
Guys in my group come into feeders earlier than that, lately much earlier. Our 30 year seniority guys are going for the 22.2 and 22.3 jobs, it seems like they don’t want to bother with going through the process of obtaining a CDL. I think it’s due to most guys with that many years are short timers. The local abutting mine just increased the size of their TTQ list by 30% and almost all were hired off the street.

Indecisi0n

Strongly agree! Senior sleeper guys pick their partner without regard for any seniority. The bottom guy could be on the best sleeper job in the hub!
So there is incentive for
Guys in my group come into feeders earlier than that, lately much earlier. Our 30 year seniority guys are going for the 22.2 and 22.3 jobs, it seems like they don’t want to bother with going through the process of obtaining a CDL. I think it’s due to most guys with that many years are short timers. The local abutting mine just increased the size of their TTQ list by 30% and almost all were hired off the street.
we have had a few 30 year guys come in and I’m sorry but at that point it seems like a dumb move. Unless you plan on working 10 more years. Why would you reset your time to just work a few more years ? At that point transfer inside of you need to work a little longer. And if you still need to make 100K after 30 years to survive then your going to die here which is pretty as way to end it all.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So there is incentive for

we have had a few 30 year guys come in and I’m sorry but at that point it seems like a dumb move. Unless you plan on working 10 more years. Why would you reset your time to just work a few more years ? At that point transfer inside of you need to work a little longer. And if you still need to make 100K after 30 years to survive then your going to die here which is pretty as way to end it all.

Sounds like @quaddecadeguy