quad decade guy

So there is incentive for

we have had a few 30 year guys come in and I’m sorry but at that point it seems like a dumb move. Unless you plan on working 10 more years. Why would you reset your time to just work a few more years ? At that point transfer inside of you need to work a little longer. And if you still need to make 100K after 30 years to survive then your going to die here which is pretty as way to end it all.
Ok. that's the way YOU would do it.

And so?

Seems pretty dumb to listen to you......making $100k is just gravy....but then you are? to who?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I saw a few guys with 25+ years come to feeders, we don't have classification seniority so they don't lose anything here. As soon as they come off the q list they get a nice run.

Indecisi0n

Ok. that's the way YOU would do it.

And so?

Seems pretty dumb to listen to you......making $100k is just gravy....but then you are? to who?
My outlook on life is when you get to retirement age to enjoy life. The average life expectancy for a man is like 72. So let’s say you retire at 65. On average that gives you like 7 good years left !
bow again it’s average and we all do have personal things going on in our lives. Healthcare is a bit issue which is why I would possible transfer inside which would retain all that but give me more time with friends and family. It’s not that I hate work and I am bitter , it’s just so much more fulfilling to my to be with my family than make a buck. All the money in the world can’t buy you any of that time back. It’s just my perspective.

Over70irregs

My outlook on life is when you get to retirement age to enjoy life. The average life expectancy for a man is like 72. So let’s say you retire at 65. On average that gives you like 7 good years left !
bow again it’s average and we all do have personal things going on in our lives. Healthcare is a bit issue which is why I would possible transfer inside which would retain all that but give me more time with friends and family. It’s not that I hate work and I am bitter , it’s just so much more fulfilling to my to be with my family than make a buck. All the money in the world can’t buy you any of that time back. It’s just my perspective.
Totally agree. Talked to a guy after clocking out Fri night and he is ready to go. My goal is to collect more pension than work years. Where’s my paperwork.

quad decade guy

Ok. What is "normal" retirement age? Serious question.

Indecisi0n

Ok. What is "normal" retirement age? Serious question.
To me it’s your legal retirement age which is different for everyone. Know the age you can retire and still receive your full pension. As you get closer and closer to that start paying off debt. Be ready so when the time comes you can leave (if you want to) and just enjoy life.

Indecisi0n

Been sending this out to all my boys who are still working:

Holy ads Batman. I can’t even read the article.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
To me it’s your legal retirement age which is different for everyone. Know the age you can retire and still receive your full pension. As you get closer and closer to that start paying off debt. Be ready so when the time comes you can leave (if you want to) and just enjoy life.

@quad decade guy
Doesent understand the concept thanks for trying though

barnyard

KTM rider
Dang, really? We ended peak runs 3 weeks ago.

Ugh. No way
This year, my center cleaned out a CPU account of excess trailers. Last year the hub did it in 2 or 3 days. I got the last one on Tuesday. We have been busy enough that everyone had been bringing a set back to the center on the 1st turn, but 2 guys were bringing 1 trailer each and another would go to a different hub and do some extra work there. This week, we could have eliminated 1 of the extra jobs. the other extra job should probably be added year round. Right now, there is enough work, but it is handled by hub guys. The issue is that it is not getting to the center until late. We have loads arriving as late as 7:30, that were wrapped at 4 and could have been up by 5:30-6 if they were not relying on WAD guys to get them up to our building.

Bums me out. I had a 274xxx tractor that ran really well. 10 speed manual with the governor set to 71. I set the cruise to 68 and had enough to pass if someone was doing 67.5. The only thing it did not have was a bluetooth radio. It was one of the 1st tractors that I have been giving out of the extra pile that I thought would be nice if it were assigned to me FT.

My last night, I was sent to the railyard. checked where my trailer was supposed to be. Not there. Checked the app. Was not due to be unloaded for 35 more minutes. Found a quiet place to park and waited for the unloader to get to my box. Perfect last night of peak.

Indecisi0n

This year, my center cleaned out a CPU account of excess trailers. Last year the hub did it in 2 or 3 days. I got the last one on Tuesday. We have been busy enough that everyone had been bringing a set back to the center on the 1st turn, but 2 guys were bringing 1 trailer each and another would go to a different hub and do some extra work there. This week, we could have eliminated 1 of the extra jobs. the other extra job should probably be added year round. Right now, there is enough work, but it is handled by hub guys. The issue is that it is not getting to the center until late. We have loads arriving as late as 7:30, that were wrapped at 4 and could have been up by 5:30-6 if they were not relying on WAD guys to get them up to our building.

Bums me out. I had a 274xxx tractor that ran really well. 10 speed manual with the governor set to 71. I set the cruise to 68 and had enough to pass if someone was doing 67.5. The only thing it did not have was a bluetooth radio.

My last night, I was sent to the railyard. checked where my trailer was supposed to be. Not there. Checked the app. Was not due to be unloaded for 35 more minutes. Found a quiet place to park and waited for the unloader to get to my box. Perfect last night of peak.
68, you cray cray.

Blackbeauty7123

Bums me out. I had a 274xxx tractor that ran really well. 10 speed manual with the governor set to 71. I set the cruise to 68 and had enough to pass if someone was doing 67.5. The only thing it did not have was a bluetooth radio. It was one of the 1st tractors that I have been giving out of the extra pile that I thought would be nice if it were assigned to me FT.

I wish we had more tractors that went over 68, we have a few that go 72-73 but the majority is 68. Makes it a pain at times when trying to pass JBH, Werner etc on a mileage run.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

I might be drunk. But that is the most feeder driver post I’ve seen. Is there any chance for you to go permanent feeder? One of us!!