Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I wish we had more tractors that went over 68, we have a few that go 72-73 but the majority is 68. Makes it a pain at times when trying to pass JBH, Werner etc on a mileage run.
What?? JBH and Werner fly by me when I do 68. I know when it’s a fedex driver or ups when I see their headlights in my mirror for 30 minutes before they actually pass me.

Unknown1234

Im 24 and got the call for feeder but all I see is seasoned package drivers that make the move. I want the hours and the money that comes with it since in package management’s goal is to cut hours but I don’t know if it’s the right move. I guess my question is do any of the younger feeder driver regret the move or should I just take it and don’t look back?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Im 24 and got the call for feeder but all I see is seasoned package drivers that make the move. I want the hours and the money that comes with it since in package management’s goal is to cut hours but I don’t know if it’s the right move. I guess my question is do any of the younger feeder driver regret the move or should I just take it and don’t look back?

take it and don’t look back
Kick it back

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Don’t look back. Pretend you let out the most terrible fart ever and if you turn around and smell it you’ll throw up your Cheerios.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
take it. your body will thank you.

ManInBrown

Greatest feeling I ever had in feeders. Dragging my first preload to a building one morning. Get there about 7:30. Swing doors. Open them up, trailer bricked. I peak inside and see all the miserable package car drivers. put the load on the door and as I’m driving out of the lot, I said to myself, I can’t believe I get to drop that trailer off and just leave. i don’t actually have to deliver anything that was inside. That’s when the reality of feeders hit me. I get to drop this 100% trailer off and drive away.

barnyard

KTM rider
The only thing I do not really care about are the 14 hour days. This morning, I pulled my last set into the building at 415. I had to stay until 6a to do all the shifting as they were short on staff. Not quite 14 hours on the clock, but close.

It is going to be a long night tonight.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In 7 years I think I only worked two 14 hour days, once because of a late train (they had to come get me off the road for that one) and once because of a late plane (bird strike on takeoff at Louisville). Aside from that I rarely went over 11, even when they bumped our hours up to 70/8 I never even hit 60. From what I saw the only guys working those big hours on the regular were the ones who wanted them, and we had plenty of those.

ManInBrown

That’s the thing about feeders. Plenty of people want to work a lot of OT. In package no one wants to work. Everyone is trying to get out of work. I never crack 45 hours. Maybe three times in 4 years. 42-43 a week, year round. Peak in feeders is no different than the rest of the year. Some would argue even easier because of coyotes. There are weeks during peak, where I don’t even work 40.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
That’s the thing about feeders. Plenty of people want to work a lot of OT. In package no one wants to work. Everyone is trying to get out of work. I never crack 45 hours. Maybe three times in 4 years. 42-43 a week, year round. Peak in feeders is no different than the rest of the year. Some would argue even easier because of coyotes. There are weeks during peak, where I don’t even work 40.
We have a cutoff on days when we are really light. 1-250, option to work. 251-550, go your ass home. After 8 and meal, of course.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am covering a vacation this week. If everything goes perfect, it is a 12 hour schedule. The regular guy shifts until he hits 14 hours. Since he does it regularly, the preload counts on him to do it. I did it Tuesday morning, this morning once my set was broken down and everything was set for shifting, I punched out and went home. 12.5 hours on the clock.

The best days I had in feeder over peak were the 3 days that I worked 8 hours. That was fantastic. Most of peak was 10-11 hour days, which was way better than the year before which was mostly 13 hour days.

so i have been lurking for a while finally landed my dream bid with feeders, i am to take a road test before i go to training, what kind of things should i be aware of on the pretrip part of the road test.... road test is with ups as i already have a cdl and am employed by them currently

Hadjabear

so i have been lurking for a while finally landed my dream bid with feeders, i am to take a road test before i go to training, what kind of things should i be aware of on the pretrip part of the road test.... road test is with ups as i already have a cdl and am employed by them currently
Make sure the cups holders are full and the snack tray is not loose bent or cracked and if equipped with cb radio set to channel 19 and at least 2 conservative talk radio stations are preset on am/fm radio

barnyard

KTM rider
You could do a search and read the answers that have already been posted to the same question.

Themanthatdid

Have Feeders drivers worked the HUB for months in the past ?

Something fishy is going on at my local and I’m really getting tired of having to work trailers, I didn’t sign up for this.