retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If a part time package handler has a CDL can they get into feeder if there’s currently a job posting for outside hires?
Things may have changed since I retired, but used to, you had to have 1 year safe driving in package car to qualify for feeders. They didn't hire inside PT into feeders, but hey, anything is possible these days.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Things may have changed since I retired, but used to, you had to have 1 year safe driving in package car to qualify for feeders. They didn't hire inside PT into feeders, but hey, anything is possible these days.
They do now. All you need is a clean MVR no tickets for 1 year, no accidents or DUI for 3 years. If they are hiring off the street they have to exhaust both the full time and part time list first.

Siveriano

Saw a Bunch of sleeper bids and already talking to another guy and we might bid on some.

Question.

does the pay is split? like if a 4000 miles run @$0.80 then each driver gets pay $1600 or $3200?

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
If a part time package handler has a CDL can they get into feeder if there’s currently a job posting for outside hires?
It’s going to vary area to area and supplement to supplement. New England has TCD feeder language. Here a part timer with a CDL once qualified would be eligible to work week to week to cover a full time drivers bid job during the free period. You would also start your pay progression based on your TCD qualified date. The part time seniority member would be utilized for a full week at a time to cover a vacation. The idea was to give part time seniority member the ability to work over a casual (non seniority employee) covering full time feeder work. The company is struggling to staff the feeder operation, in most areas. TCD feeder qualified members here usually end up gaining full time seniority, in feeders, once the free period ends due to the lack of drivers.

Unknown1234

Can manement deny your request to be on the a feeder list? I recently hit 1 year safe driving as a cover driver
You mean cover as in your full-time package driver with no route or cover as in you still part time pre load but cover routes when necessary? If it’s the 2nd one I don’t think you can put your name on it. You have to be a full-time driver RCPD or 22.4(in some locals) with one year safe driving.

meritocracy

I believe it depends on the area. Where I am you can get on the feeder list as a PT package handler by paying for and completing truck driving school on your own or if you have 1+ years of safe tractor trailer driving experience.

Ambitious2020

You mean cover as in your full-time package driver with no route or cover as in you still part time pre load but cover routes when necessary? If it’s the 2nd one I don’t think you can put your name on it. You have to be a full-time driver RCPD or 22.4(in some locals) with one year safe driving.