Some advice I got from a supervisor was that you should get every endorsement you can on the companies dime. So you got your bases covered if you wanna drive for someone else.
I don't know anyone who drives for anyone else who makes $140k while sleeping in their own bed every night/day. I'm not driving for anyone else.

@Yeet hit it anyway, you pay out of pocket for your permit/license and endorsements.

ManInBrown

Some advice I got from a supervisor was that you should get every endorsement you can on the companies dime. So you got your bases covered if you wanna drive for someone else.
Drive for someone else😂 I would never do this job somewhere else. I barely want to do it here. All I know is I put my name on the list for feeders when I was in package. Had no idea until my first week in feeders, that if I didn’t stay for a year I would have to pay the school money back. Had no idea I lost my package seniority if I didn’t return to package within 30 days. And here I am, a truck driver. Would never do this job somewhere else.

trickpony1

Would never do this job somewhere else.
A Class A with all the endorsements is like gold.
If you get fired from brown for chickenscratch reasons all you have to do is pick up the phone and you'll be employed shortly thereafter.

Many of our feedah's have all the endorsements for this reason.

Hope this helps.

quad decade guy

Does anyone know of special lenses or sunglasses for the new harsh white night lights on cars? I commute down dark country roads on a motorcycle. These new car lights wash out the road until passed. Dark roads and sunglasses are dark! My only alternative is to look away until the car passes.....the roads are narrow to begin with. Thanks.

quad decade guy

Drive for someone else😂 I would never do this job somewhere else. I barely want to do it here. All I know is I put my name on the list for feeders when I was in package. Had no idea until my first week in feeders, that if I didn’t stay for a year I would have to pay the school money back. Had no idea I lost my package seniority if I didn’t return to package within 30 days. And here I am, a truck driver. Would never do this job somewhere else.
It was crystal clear(here) that you went to the bottom if you went back to pkg. We don't have super seniority and that keeps a lot of folks from going to feeders. That and working nights.

I'm with on not ever being a truck driver somewhere else. For less pay and benefits....why would anyone do that? I know top seniority guys here that retire and go get a trucking job! And these guys had early a.m. day jobs.......

Driver7906

Giving up my 10+ years of package car seniority to go feeder was worth it to me. Long term physical (and mental) health is more important than seniority.

I’ve watched working conditions in packages go to hell in the last few years and it makes me more glad that I got out of there. I used to love that job for a long time and I do miss the better days but those days are gone now.

Siveriano

Giving up my 10+ years of package car seniority to go feeder was worth it to me. Long term physical (and mental) health is more important than seniority.

I’ve watched working conditions in packages go to hell in the last few years and it makes me more glad that I got out of there. I used to love that job for a long time and I do miss the better days but those days are gone now.
I gave up about 6 years seniority on package for feeders and to be honest I dont understand how people last 20+ year on package and still running like if they own UPS.

when I started at UPS there were this cut off time when they make sure everyone was in before 8pm now is more like "we hope you get done"

I got a pretty sweet job at feeders and the fact that 177 bids every year again on jobs is a good way to keep your chances of getting a better job next year.

Driver7906

I gave up about 6 years seniority on package for feeders and to be honest I dont understand how people last 20+ year on package and still running like if they own UPS.

when I started at UPS there were this cut off time when they make sure everyone was in before 8pm now is more like "we hope you get done"

I got a pretty sweet job at feeders and the fact that 177 bids every year again on jobs is a good way to keep your chances of getting a better job next year.

Package driver has always been a tough job but it used to be a job you could retire from, though with aches and pains. It’s not a 20+ year job anymore.

UPS also wants to systematically and progressively turn it into a lower paying job. They already have the process started with the 22.4 jobs. They want to get all these old time, top scale paid drivers to retire so they can continue to usher in the new way of doing things and pay newer drivers less money to do the same job.

Feeder is the best job in the company by far. Stress free, save your body and your mind. If they’re still hiring for feeder at your hub, jump on the ship before it sails away.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Does anyone know of special lenses or sunglasses for the new harsh white night lights on cars? I commute down dark country roads on a motorcycle. These new car lights wash out the road until passed. Dark roads and sunglasses are dark! My only alternative is to look away until the car passes.....the roads are narrow to begin with. Thanks.
Buddy of mine uses night time glasses that take some of the edge off bright headlights without killing the rest of your vision. You can find them at any truck stop. Not sure if they work, never used them.

Package driver has always been a tough job but it used to be a job you could retire from, though with aches and pains. It’s not a 20+ year job anymore.

UPS also wants to systematically and progressively turn it into a lower paying job. They already have the process started with the 22.4 jobs. They want to get all these old time, top scale paid drivers to retire so they can continue to usher in the new way of doing things and pay newer drivers less money to do the same job.

Feeder is the best job in the company by far. Stress free, save your body and your mind. If they’re still hiring for feeder at your hub, jump on the ship before it sails away.
Until they come out with 22.4 feeder jobs

over9five

Staff member
Buddy of mine uses night time glasses that take some of the edge off bright headlights without killing the rest of your vision. You can find them at any truck stop. Not sure if they work, never used them.
I actually asked my optometrist if there were glasses (like you see advertised) that help with night driving. He said no...