Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So it seems noone wants to do long runs so most likely ill win a bid, woot woot.
A sleeper run or in a day cab? I can’t imagine someone interested in sleepers not wanting a long run, that’s where the money is. Either way, congratulations.

Siveriano

A sleeper run or in a day cab? I can’t imagine someone interested in sleepers not wanting a long run, that’s where the money is. Either way, congratulations.
Sleeper run, Already got my Driver B, out of 4 jobs only 2 people put their name in our building.

Hopefully we get the 5000+ miles run

Sleeper run, Already got my Driver B, out of 4 jobs only 2 people put their name in our building.

Hopefully we get the 5000+ miles run
FlawlessConcernedCirriped-size_restricted.gif

Siveriano

So.

Looking for tips for the sleeper run, we both are new drivers and are curious how you guys do it.
We were told to code everything to make sure we actually get pay what we are supposed to do, as well to split the driving day in 2 if possible so each person drives 12 hours(with 30 minute break)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So.

Looking for tips for the sleeper run, we both are new drivers and are curious how you guys do it.
We were told to code everything to make sure we actually get pay what we are supposed to do, as well to split the driving day in 2 if possible so each person drives 12 hours(with 30 minute break)
Only 1 person at a time in the bunk

quad decade guy

So.

We only used one bunk for sleeping(lower) used upper for storage.

We kept a plastic protective cover on the memory foam mattress. We also used a fitted sheet on top of that. Washed every week of course. We also used our own sleeping bags. I had a "winter" one and a "summer" one. I always did the laundry.

We went in halves on everything: mattress, microwave, fridge and food. Plus supplies. I bought the GPS.

We worked 12 hour shifts with a 30 minute meal. If luck of the draw brought delay time or time on property.....just the way it was. It could be nice to be able to rest your eyes.

We always fueled on property when able but that was only possible 2 times a week.

Each person kept the delay sheet up to date while on duty. No trying to remember.....we kept everything squared away in the cab/sleeper for safety/cleanliness and finish work.

Whoever got to the tractor first at work start, fired it up and got the heat/a/c going and moved it closer to the guard shack....for resupply etc.

We never rotated days/nights. I was the A driver and wanted days. My B driver had to accept that or he wasn't the B driver. And we didn't ever discuss or argue about it.

We changed drivers at lot's of different places from rest stops to wide places on the side of the road to truckstops or Hubs.

We never had a delay long enough for each of us to use both bunks.

Uninterrupted rest/sleep and privacy was a prime concern. I NEVER got used to the motions of a sleeper and was chronically sleep deprived(I believe). I believe the sleeper experience is the most unhealthy lifestyle at UPS and not worth the sacrifice of self and Family.

I think it would have been a different experience with say one overnight in a hotel to just step away for 8-10 hours. Real shower, hot sit down meal.....

Forget about getting any meaningful exercise and avoiding truck stop food. Most truckers look like fat, dirty zombies for a reason.

You'll have to figure out the restroom problems.......

Keep an extensive medicine cabinet....especially diarrhea remedies. I never really got sick during my sleeper experience. Lucky.

HFolb23

Just curious what your guys favorite tractors are in the current fleet?

At the hubs I go to it’s about a 50/50 split in terms of senior drivers who want the new automatic trucks and those who fight to stay in the seat of their 10 speeds.

I’ve had a 273 Mack since I finished training and other than previously being the perpetual spare tractor and being treated as such by everyone before me it’s not too bad. Looks like hell, but drives fine.

Briefly had a new KW and liked that, just drove a new Cascadia and not impressed. Very car like in my opinion; felt like I was driving a mini van.

I would really like to find my way out of these single axle tractors given the opportunity.