Themanthatdid

Someone give me the scoop, if you make seniority as a feeder driver, do we get 85% pay if we file a grievance ? This is the southern supplement I’m speaking of.

Cowboy Mac

Someone give me the scoop, if you make seniority as a feeder driver, do we get 85% pay if we file a grievance ? This is the southern supplement I’m speaking of.
That depends on what your pay/job was before going to feeders. You only go through full time progression once. Let’s say you go to feeders in you second year of progression. You would get the second year feeder progression rate, and you would still have about 2 more years before top rate.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That depends on what your pay/job was before going to feeders. You only go through full time progression once. Let’s say you go to feeders in you second year of progression. You would get the second year feeder progression rate, and you would still have about 2 more years before top rate.
We have people coming straight from PT, I'm pretty sure they start at 85% of top rate.

Themanthatdid

I gotta find out a bit more about this 85%, I was a off the street hire who came in at 21$ but had seniority on day one on my first working day. Someone told me that it’s in the contract where you get 85% of top pay when you make seniority.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
@Yeet will prolly know, I have no clue what you're talking about.
File a grievance on what? If you made seniority as a cover driver, you get 85% of top rate. Even if you win a bid run later, you are red circled at 85% until progression passes that rate which will be year 4. If you didn’t get hired on as cover, you will start at year 1 pay and get your increases every year on your seniority date unless you already went through your full time progression somewhere else like package. In that case, you go straight to top rate in feeders.

Themanthatdid

File a grievance on what? If you made seniority as a cover driver, you get 85% of top rate. Even if you win a bid run later, you are red circled at 85% until progression passes that rate which will be year 4. If you didn’t get hired on as cover, you will start at year 1 pay and get your increases every year on your seniority date unless you already went through your full time progression somewhere else like package. In that case, you go straight to top rate in feeders.
Thank you for clarification, I know it was to good to be true. I was a off the street hire for feeders who got seniority my first working day. 6 months before that I did package but at a different station.

Yeet

I gotta find out a bit more about this 85%, I was a off the street hire who came in at 21$ but had seniority on day one on my first working day. Someone told me that it’s in the contract where you get 85% of top pay when you make seniority.
Someone lied to you. If you got brought on day 1 as FT feeder you do not get 85%.

Cowboy Mac

Thank you for clarification, I know it was to good to be true. I was a off the street hire for feeders who got seniority my first working day. 6 months before that I did package but at a different station.
At least you have your full time seniority. Those 4 years will pass by quickly. Each year faster than the one before it.

quad decade guy

whoever approached you about being a stew doesnt like you.
it's a thankless job

seriously, you do need some more time under your belt and have to be a special person of toughness and integrity.
I suggest you ask and hang out with the best steward feeder has now and learn from him/her.
Well.....

Our two "Top Stewards" were the biggest company men ever. Both could not be less helpful, self-centered and selfish. *. Would sell you out in a heartbeat.

Last edited by a moderator:

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Hey I have a question. One time I saw a wal mart driver with a 53’ trying to get through an apartment complex parking lot and was completely stuck on a turn because of the car ports. He was doing an Austin Powers trying to get out but there was no way that dude was going anywhere without serious damage. I don’t even know how he got that thing where it was.

So my question is have any of you guys gotten stuck and if so what do you do?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I went around one of our buildings one night with a set. You were supposed to be able to drive completely around, but there was a bunch of equipment parked on the back side. I was the only one there. I had to break a set and rebuild it in limited room. Took me well over an hour. After that, when in doubt, get out and look was my motto.

Yeet

I went around one of our buildings one night with a set. You were supposed to be able to drive completely around, but there was a bunch of equipment parked on the back side. I was the only one there. I had to break a set and rebuild it in limited room. Took me well over an hour. After that, when in doubt, get out and look was my motto.
Good advice. If it’s my first time at a small center I will park the truck at the entrance and walk it. I ain’t building the same set twice.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey I have a question. One time I saw a wal mart driver with a 53’ trying to get through an apartment complex parking lot and was completely stuck on a turn because of the car ports. He was doing an Austin Powers trying to get out but there was no way that dude was going anywhere without serious damage. I don’t even know how he got that thing where it was.

91921282-6E9F-4B64-9D42-0DA4E82A465D.gif