averageguy14

I can’t even imagine working in a hub with 315 feeder drivers. I’m number 4 out of 6 in my center, I enjoy working with a small group.
I actually like running to the smaller centers. No real management there and you’re usually left alone, unless they ask if you can throw one on the door.

HFolb23

I actually like running to the smaller centers. No real management there and you’re usually left alone, unless they ask if you can throw one on the door.
Our preload sup has a nasty habit of grabbing me to shift the yard at the end of my day, knowing damn well there’s another feeder driver who comes in about 15 minutes after I get back who is just starting his day and has shifting the center built into his schedule, AND they have a qualified preloader that can move anything in the meantime.

In the beginning I made sure to check in before I left, now I just drop the trailer and punch out.

averageguy14

Our preload sup has a nasty habit of grabbing me to shift the yard at the end of my day, knowing damn well there’s another feeder driver who comes in about 15 minutes after I get back who is just starting his day and has shifting the center built into his schedule, AND they have a qualified preloader that can move anything in the meantime.

In the beginning I made sure to check in before I left, now I just drop the trailer and punch out.
I’d do the same thing in that scenario. Majority ones I go too usually don’t have too many issues..others are worse.

Check this out, for the past year or so, all sleeper teams out of our hub got the top rate for mileage. There was no yearly raise like our hourly rates, if you're on a sleeper team you get top pay, period. Just recently, the company made a "correction" to this and decided to make the mileage rate progressive with less than a weeks notice. Union didn't do much and a lot of guys aren't too pleased about this. Any thoughts on the situation?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Check this out, for the past year or so, all sleeper teams out of our hub got the top rate for mileage. There was no yearly raise like our hourly rates, if you're on a sleeper team you get top pay, period. Just recently, the company made a "correction" to this and decided to make the mileage rate progressive with less than a weeks notice. Union didn't do much and a lot of guys aren't too pleased about this. Any thoughts on the situation?
Yeah
Enjoy your
Progression

quad decade guy

What does the contract/supplement say? What DID the Union say? You being displeased doesn't mean anything.

Why not grieve it? If you have standing......you will find out......and backpay and all that. Your BA will address(should) the initial grievance and it will either go forward or die then/there.

Changing your pay is a big deal. If you were being payed incorrectly....as in too much....did you complain and give it back? Point it out to the Company? Is it possible your paychecks forward will have a deduction to pay it back?

HFolb23

We don’t even have a yard horse tractor, if there isn’t a feeder driver then we have a preloader that grabs a road tractor, and if that preloader isn’t available the center manager has his Class A and he jumps in a truck.

ManInBrown

Tested positive for Covid last week and got a phone call from Atlanta a few days later. They asked my tractor number and said they’re going to have the mechanics clean and sanitize it for me.

Does anyone know if they’re actually making the mechanics do this? They’re not janitors, seems out of line for them and I’d be pretty mad if I was a mechanic being asked to clean up a covid positive tractor. Im a grown adult and can clean my own mess.

I have an assigned tractor and don’t share with anyone, but we also don’t have tractor mechanics at my center. I didn’t clean any of my stuff out of it (because i didn’t know that’d be my last day at work) and now I’m hoping my tractor and everything in it is still there when I get back, and it didn’t get towed to the hub.
Only saw it done once or twice a few months ago. They used an outside service. Half the time I guarantee they don’t even take the tractor out of service. I was actually shocked to see them do it here. One was a shifter, the other was a tractor. Haven’t seen that cleaning person in probably 4 months.

What does the contract/supplement say? What DID the Union say? You being displeased doesn't mean anything.

Why not grieve it? If you have standing......you will find out......and backpay and all that. Your BA will address(should) the initial grievance and it will either go forward or die then/there.

Changing your pay is a big deal. If you were being payed incorrectly....as in too much....did you complain and give it back? Point it out to the Company? Is it possible your paychecks forward will have a deduction to pay it back?
Union didn't do anything, they told us to get the names of the individuals in management who said we'd get paid top rate for sleeper teams. About 50 or so drivers went to the hall to see what the union can do and that's what we were told.

quad decade guy

Union didn't do anything, they told us to get the names of the individuals in management who said we'd get paid top rate for sleeper teams. About 50 or so drivers went to the hall to see what the union can do and that's what we were told.
50 drivers.....all had their pay altered.....50....

And not one grievance...? Really?

And this is happening all over the District? Really?

If you were getting top pay then it had to be initiated somewhere and is settled history and policy/procedure.....right?

50 drivers.....all had their pay altered.....50....

And not one grievance...? Really?

And this is happening all over the District? Really?

If you were getting top pay then it had to be initiated somewhere and is settled history and policy/procedure.....right?
Not sure how many grievances were filed (if any), but I do know that the union and UPS agreed to the "correction." Our sleeper operations sure did take a hit because nobody wants to do them now. Earlier in the year, everybody wanted them now they gotta force people.

quad decade guy

Not sure how many grievances were filed (if any), but I do know that the union and UPS agreed to the "correction." Our sleeper operations sure did take a hit because nobody wants to do them now. Earlier in the year, everybody wanted them now they gotta force people.
If the Union agreed....thats it. Neither side cares how happy you are. They'll fill those jobs.