Coldworld

60 months and counting
That is correct UPS is financially stable and then some. Many working people in the central region have little to almost no time in central states anymore and as we move further along that will continue. The UPS fund seems to be doing quite well. My guess is he was caught in the hoopla of central states going broke thinking he or others would lose everything. Thankfully there is insurance although it would not have covered everything. And thankfully the pension bailout gives 85 to 90 billion in relief. It won’t last forever (until 2051 I believe) and we need to hit the ground running organizing other industries as well as Amazon if we have a chance of surviving into the distant future.
You make a good point… that is one of the main reasons that the west coast pension is so strong… diversification. The 90 billion is a huge help but these other pension funds need to try to focus on other industries besides just trucking and it starts with the international naming it a priority. The time is now…

quad decade guy

Mismanagement is why some pensions are broke, and no, UPS could not "easily" end up bankrupt. It would take quite an effort to bankrupt a company like this, and even if, it doesn't mean your pensions are "flushed" on a whim. Although, you seem sure that's how it goes, so please, your credentials? Exactly, please? I'm sure you've already experienced UPS going broke and flushing your pension, you've seen it all....
Never said "flushed on a whim..."

You would have to be obtuse to not observe/recognize the changes in the parcel shipping industry.....

There are 4 players in our business. 1 is growing exponentially(not us). 2 is non-union( huge advantage) 3 UPS with huge cost, labor agreement restrictions and threat of strike...4 Post Office....a subsidized monopoly.

I agree...quite an effort....but never underestimate the stupidity of Mgt, Union and obtuse workers....

Never said "flushed on a whim..."

You would have to be obtuse to not observe/recognize the changes in the parcel shipping industry.....

There are 4 players in our business. 1 is growing exponentially(not us). 2 is non-union( huge advantage) 3 UPS with huge cost, labor agreement restrictions and threat of strike...4 Post Office....a subsidized monopoly.

I agree...quite an effort....but never underestimate the stupidity of Mgt, Union and obtuse workers....
Yes, you did, by implying that simply bankrupting a company flushes pensions.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don’t even think Nancy gets bullied as much as you
There’s a good group of guys and gals here…we all have or did deal with this place, so we all should be able to relate to each other…he has had this elitist attitude from day one…if he would just chill out a little maybe he would get some more respect from people.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There’s a good group of guys and gals here…we all have or did deal with this place, so we all should be able to relate to each other…he has had this elitist attitude from day one…if he would just chill out a little maybe he would get some more respect from people.
Don’t think he can
What you see here is how he lives his life

PCM Troll

Anyone have to take (prescribed!) adderall or trazodone or anything like that? Does it disqualify you from being a feeder driver?
Your doctor has to approve the medication knowing full well you will be operating a commercial vehicle. Even if it's a schedule 2 or 3 narcotic.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Stop being so obtuse.

quad decade guy

Yes, you did, by implying that simply bankrupting a company flushes pensions.
Never said any of those things......simply....easily. I did say UPS could easily go out of business(my opinion...don't care what yours is). We'll see.

Implying....your interpretation( not necessarily so).....it can happen.

If contributions stopped permanently.....as in UPS went another direction without the contract....those pensions would go away as we know them. Effectively flushed. CStates as an example.

quad decade guy

Your pension cannot be 'flushed in bankruptcy'. You really should step back and learn the laws from people who know instead of going by what you 'feel' something is or will be.
Not true. Pensions can be flushed in bankruptcy.....fact. Now, PBGY will take them over......fact. If a company goes bankrupt....there won't be anyone to make contributions......pretty simple.

Now, if the country goes bankrupt......(we are already there)......pretty scary.......considering what's going on with DEMS....

Never said any of those things......simply....easily. I did say UPS could easily go out of business(my opinion...don't care what yours is). We'll see.

Implying....your interpretation( not necessarily so).....it can happen.

If contributions stopped permanently.....as in UPS went another direction without the contract....those pensions would go away as we know them. Effectively flushed. CStates as an example.
Yes, you did. And UPS can't just "go another direction without the contract" to "effectively" flush your pension. You're more interested in just saying words than being right. Again.

I can see why we're all so jealous of you.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
So sometimes I see feeders come through our yard that blow past stop signs, speed around the building, pop their dolly, spin the landing gear, bang boom smash their next set together and then burn out into traffic and they’re gone.

In package we call these knuckleheads runners. What do you guys call them in feeders?