Coldworld

60 months and counting
I wouldn't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they go to this handheld system strickly so the DOT could access our log/records without climbing into the tractor?
Didn’t dispatch get a big upgrade on their dispatching system last year??? There was talk that this was going to automate some of their duties and people were going to be let go… that never happen.

Johney

Didn’t dispatch get a big upgrade on their dispatching system last year??? There was talk that this was going to automate some of their duties and people were going to be let go… that never happen.
I kinda remember something like that right before I bailed and went to shifting.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I kinda remember something like that right before I bailed and went to shifting.
They have also talked about the shifting being automated without a yard controller giving the moves… lol good luck with that…when I shifted there was always multiple things that happen every night… that’s why we all had cb’s to communicate with YC and other shifters…can’t tell you how many times someone grabbed a ww with a dolly still attached and tried to back it on an unload door…

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I’ve noticed a sharp increase over the past few weeks of getting dispatched without the need of going into dispatch. I’m local so I used to go up to dispatch every single time I finished a leg to get more work. Now I’m getting schedule updates before I even drop my trailer.

Yeet

They have also talked about the shifting being automated without a yard controller giving the moves… lol good luck with that…when I shifted there was always multiple things that happen every night… that’s why we all had cb’s to communicate with YC and other shifters…can’t tell you how many times someone grabbed a ww with a dolly still attached and tried to back it on an unload door…
How do you not notice there is a dolly when backing a pup?? 😂

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Found the newbie. 😉
you may be right.
what kind of fancy ass hubs do you guys work at? I get a piece of paper sometimes with numbers on it which I immediately throw away.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’ve noticed a sharp increase over the past few weeks of getting dispatched without the need of going into dispatch. I’m local so I used to go up to dispatch every single time I finished a leg to get more work. Now I’m getting schedule updates before I even drop my trailer.
They are pretty good here with that but I will still go into dispatch once in a while just to check the bids or something like that…

Yeet

They are pretty good here with that but I will still go into dispatch once in a while just to check the bids or something like that…
Oh you need to pop your head in there at least once a day to check bids, bump and rolls, and if you’re lucky someone is retiring or hitting a new safe driving milestone and you get free cake or a sandwich.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How do you not notice there is a dolly when backing a pup?? 😂
Think they set so fixated with looking in the driver side mirror that the dolly is jackknifed on the passenger side… seen a few new guys really screw up the dolly or ram it under the trailer already parked on the passenger side …seen some sketchy stuff.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Oh you need to pop your head in there at least once a day to check bids, bump and rolls, and if you’re lucky someone is retiring or hitting a new safe driving milestone and you get free cake or a sandwich.
Always liked it when a circle of honor driver gets his patch and they get them a cake.. when the night guys come in the box is still there but there’s just crumbs left…thanks brown

Yeet

Think they set so fixated with looking in the driver side mirror that the dolly is jackknifed on the passenger side… seen a few new guys really screw up the dolly or ram it under the trailer already parked on the passenger side …seen some sketchy stuff.
I guess I can see that. They probably back like some of the hotshot shifters at my hub and try to nail a back going 10 miles an hour. If they were backing slow, you would feel the trailer drag and hear that god awful noise when the dolly jack knifes that hard.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That’s the 4th meal for feeders whatever they can scrounge out of the dispatch office

Yeet

Always liked it when a circle of honor driver gets his patch and they get them a cake.. when the night guys come in the box is still there but there’s just crumbs left…thanks brown
You have me dying right now. 😂

This happened to me today. Came in, saw all the “congratulations so and so for 30 years safe driving”. A table is out. It’s where the food USED to be. I’m like, OH GOD DAMMIT!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That’s the 4th meal for feeders whatever they can scrounge out of the dispatch office
Saw a driver once scrap some crumbs and leftover frosting from a cake box once… I was looking at him from a distance thinking…seriously dude…you THAT desperate for two spoonfuls of crumbs..lmao

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You have me dying right now. 😂

This happened to me today. Came in, saw all the “congratulations so and so for 30 years safe driving”. A table is out. It’s where the food USED to be. I’m like, OH GOD DAMMIT!!!
And you know every onroad and dispatcher had their asses down there the second that cake was being cut…

Yeet

And you know every onroad and dispatcher had their asses down there the second that cake was being cut…
Man we must work at the same hub. The other week, driver is retiring. Chik-fil-a chicken biscuits are provided so you know I’m waiting for everyone to stop clapping so I can grab one of those sonsabitches. Before ONE driver has grabbed one, our dispatcher comes in and grabs 5. I cannot. Make. This. Up.