quad decade guy

So sometimes I see feeders come through our yard that blow past stop signs, speed around the building, pop their dolly, spin the landing gear, bang boom smash their next set together and then burn out into traffic and they’re gone.

In package we call these knuckleheads runners. What do you guys call them in feeders?
Normal

ManInBrown

So sometimes I see feeders come through our yard that blow past stop signs, speed around the building, pop their dolly, spin the landing gear, bang boom smash their next set together and then burn out into traffic and they’re gone.

In package we call these knuckleheads runners. What do you guys call them in feeders?
Idiots. For the majority I see most feeder drivers are overly cautious in the yard, on the road. But you’ll always have knuckleheads like anything else.

over9five

Staff member

You must be a supervisor to have the time to stand there and watch that whole process.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
angry-hungry.gif

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch

Mileage drivers.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Interesting.
I was in feeders 30 years. I never once worked on a mileage job. When I had longer runs early in my career, they were all hourly. towards the end of my career, I preferred local runs, which didn't have enough miles to make it feasible to pay mileage. But over the years, I saw how a lot of the mileage guys drove in the yard, especially the out of town guys who came into our hub.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I was in feeders 30 years. I never once worked on a mileage job. When I had longer runs early in my career, they were all hourly. towards the end of my career, I preferred local runs, which didn't have enough miles to make it feasible to pay mileage. But over the years, I saw how a lot of the mileage guys drove in the yard, especially the out of town guys who came into our hub.
Local ain’t for the faint of heart. You’re gonna work.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Local ain’t for the faint of heart. You’re gonna work.
I usually had 2-3 CPU's on my runs. Most were just hook and drop, but one I had to load myself. Nobody wanted to cover my job when I was on vacation. Usually the bottom guy on coverage got stuck with it. Later in the night, I ran 3 or 4 center loads and did a lineup before I FW.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only if you never spent any time in package. I definitely preferred being local.
You can get some good nap time on local runs… especially waiting on end of sorts and air pulls…but local does suck when they try to change your schedule or you have to call dispatch 10 times a night because they have no loads on you.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY

I'm just trying to get rid of my pee bottles and use the microwave to heat up my second lunch. And quite often I'm about touching cloth and need to drop a freshie. That time ain't built in my schedule. Plus I'm trying to get after it to get home for supper. Quit judging and stay out of the crosswalks.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
"It's all there."

Classic you, harsh claims with not a shred of evidentiary support.

Yes, an effective communicator. It's clear to you that I don't like your tone, and your self-image of grandeur, and your consistent playing of the role of "victim," because I've effectively communicated this to you.

Perhaps you should tell me exactly what you mean by "I'm willing to close that chasm." so that I don't misinterpret any suggestions or implications as a result of my own construct.

Congrats on derailing another thread with your "victim" status.
this is a hilarious video from back in the day….can you guess which one is quad??

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You can get some good nap time on local runs… especially waiting on end of sorts and air pulls…but local does suck when they try to change your schedule or you have to call dispatch 10 times a night because they have no loads on you.
Right on both counts, some nights I got more sleep at work than I did at home. "Hey we need you to go to the airport...."