Johney

My statements stand.

Using your logic.....why did we give up paper when we didn't have to?

Of course they want to spy on us.....OMG.....there are cameras everywhere.

Well the old IVIS had a phone button.......true
SMH. We(all truckers)gave up paper due to new DOT laws. Are you to obtuse to know that?

Johney

You have one eye swiveled....but I'm paranoid af on other level.....k.

We have folks fired for not being where they should be and for spending too much time in one place. Happens a lot here.

Any hint of trouble....I just go on delay.....I don't sit around paranoid. Just CYA.....it's pretty easy.

But to be fired for stealing time is pretty stupid.
So what if you’re instructed not to use delay for any reason? Like we were?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It has a camera and voice....it's a CELL PHONE. GPS. How about spy on you as well as listen in.....to your bitching or whatever to fellow drivers or even your girlfriend.

Could/can be quite sinister. Absolutely.
Turn the damn thing off after you clock out so “the man” can’t listen to you beating your wife at home. Or, in your case, your wife beating you.
Using your logic.....why did we give up paper when we didn't have to?
Because it is a DOT requirement to have elogs, you dunce. Paper is only used in emergencies. This is law, not some scheme UPS cooked up to listen in on you farting in your truck all day.

Yeet

So what if you’re instructed not to use delay for any reason? Like we were?
And like we currently are. Delays are forbidden here. It’s actually really very simple to not get fired for stealing time and that is don’t steal time. There will be delays, they know this, we know this. You’re going to get held up on the wall, at the rail yard, in traffic, at a CPU but as long as when it’s time to go, you go you’re good. Remember they have to PROVE you are stealing time. You have to be intentionally doing something pretty egregious for them to go after your job.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You have to be intentionally doing something pretty egregious for them to go after your job.
Yup. There was a guy here who posted a "just got fired will I get my job back" thread a while back saying how he'd been coding himself as on property/shifting when he was really off property/sleeping. That's about the level of what you gotta do to get fired in feeders.

Yeet

Yup. There was a guy here who posted a "just got fired will I get my job back" thread a while back saying how he'd been coding himself as on property/shifting when he was really off property/sleeping. That's about the level of what you gotta do to get fired in feeders.
Just don’t be a freaking idiot. You’re paid well to do a job, just do the damn job. We just had 2 guys fired this past week for doing dumb crap like this. I don’t get it…

Yeet

It’s not rocket science. SMFH
My brother, it really isn’t. Don’t do anything you can’t explain if you get pulled into the office. So much time will be given to you to sit that is out of your hands. But ride when it’s time to ride. These guys getting fired are friend*** morons.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My brother, it really isn’t. Don’t do anything you can’t explain if you get pulled into the office. So much time will be given to you to sit that is out of your hands. But ride when it’s time to ride. These guys getting fired are friend*** morons.
The ones that last know how the game is played, AND know their opponent.

Johney

Just don’t be a freaking idiot. You’re paid well to do a job, just do the damn job. We just had 2 guys fired this past week for doing dumb crap like this. I don’t get it…
I never could understand while I was in feeders how guys could milk the system while given more than enough time to do the job. While I was a shifter there was one of the new guys in feeders who on a certain run would add a leg to his run.
So he had a leg to the airport on a run he covered, but only if they had an extra pull to our building otherwise you don’t go. Now he would come back from his last leg and if he wasn’t needed at the airport he would wait for the preload to empty an air trailer sometimes up to an hour. Then run it over (20 minute’s one way)and take over 2 hours to get back. Unbelievably he’s still driving close to a year later. SMH

Yeet

I never could understand while I was in feeders how guys could milk the system while given more than enough time to do the job. While I was a shifter there was one of the new guys in feeders who on a certain run would add a leg to his run.
So he had a leg to the airport on a run he covered, but only if they had an extra pull to our building otherwise you don’t go. Now he would come back from his last leg and if he wasn’t needed at the airport he would wait for the preload to empty an air trailer sometimes up to an hour. Then run it over (20 minute’s one way)and take over 2 hours to get back.
I’ve got some better ones.

One guy, would pull one pup from a center and make up another one to get set pay.

One guy, would pull into a truck stop to take his meal but he would sit there for 30 minutes before he actually punched on meal. Then he would wait another 30 minutes after he punched off meal to actually get back on the road.

We have a special class of bozos here.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So he had a leg to the airport on a run he covered, but only if they had an extra pull to our building otherwise you don’t go. Now he would come back from his last leg and if he wasn’t needed at the airport he would wait for the preload to empty an air trailer sometimes up to an hour. Then run it over (20 minute’s one way)and take over 2 hours to get back. Unbelievably he’s still driving close to a year later. SMH
These jackasses give all honest teamsters a bad name. To be clear, work safe and live up to a fair days work for a fair days wage. We’re not a brotherhood of thieves. Hold the company accountable, but do the job.

I’ve got some better ones.

One guy, would pull one pup from a center and make up another one to get set pay.

One guy, would pull into a truck stop to take his meal but he would sit there for 30 minutes before he actually punched on meal. Then he would wait another 30 minutes after he punched off meal to actually get back on the road.

We have a special class of bozos here.
We have a guy that had a sup call one night because he was using delay so much. Sup said to use shifting but not go into shiftcom mode for up to 30 minutes if he's delayed waiting for a trailer. Now he will go on shifting status for 30 minutes every night, even if his set is ready when he gets to the yard. Every night. 30 minutes for nothing. Every night. He says, "that's what they get." It's a $125k run on its own.

Yeet

We have a guy that had a sup call one night because he was using delay so much. Sup said to use shifting but not go into shiftcom mode for up to 30 minutes if he's delayed waiting for a trailer. Now he will go on shifting status for 30 minutes every night, even if his set is ready when he gets to the yard. Every night. 30 minutes for nothing. Every night. He says, "that's what they get." It's a $125k run on its own.
And it will be a 125K loss on his part when his ass gets busted.

Yeet

Dude is a pos anyway, so I'm not surprised, but damn bro, how can you sit still for 30 minutes every night, knowing you're judt stealing $30?
Let me be clear when I say I never want to see a man lose his job. But when they do stupid s* like that I say, thanks for the seniority spot.

Let me be clear when I say I never want to see a man lose his job. But when they do stupid s* like that I say, thanks for the seniority spot.
Oh, he's been doing it for years, and I would never say anything to rat out a brother.....but when he gets caught, we can say that I won't rush to his defense.

Yeet

Oh, he's been doing it for years, and I would never say anything to rat out a brother.....but when he gets caught, we can say that I won't rush to his defense.
Snitches get stitches. There is no lower life form than a rat. But I won’t have to rat. They’ll find you on their own and hang you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They don’t want to hide the evidence. They want you to see what you’ve missed. They want you to be driving, 250 miles away, and still the only thing you can think about is that empty cake box and what could have been. They want you to know that you made them do this to you. Don’t you see what you make them do?
yeah… let’s get a basic size cake for damn near 400 fat feeder drivers… brilliant planning boss

Last edited: