HFolb23

I’ve got to come work at your guys hubs.

Here I get cross examined why I have a 20 minute gap in my time card after my meal and why it took “too long” to fuel.

I don’t know boss, probably because I was the 4th truck in line at the pumps and the 9th man in line for the window in the feeder office. There’s no IVIS code for “insufficient fuel pumps” or “insufficient dispatch staffing”.

My favorite so far is asking why I went on “wash” twice in a night. I guess being to be able to see on my return trip as well is too much to ask for.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Presumably a yard dog will pull the empty back out of that lot, my road tractor doesn’t have a hydraulic lift 5th wheel but the shifters do.

But yeah, when I asked how they expected me to park in that lot those were the directions given to me.
Does any tractor have a hydraulic boom on it??? Never heard of them having something like that.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Does any tractor have a hydraulic boom on it??? Never heard of them having something like that.

Give it a minute.......
Someone will post a picture of a shifter.

Diagrammatically helping.
NO! I’ve been both a shifter and a feeder driver and I know you guys are saying this as a joke but if the uninitiated is reading this, no tractor on earth has a hydraulic/pneumatic fifth wheel. The best a feeder driver can do is drop bags but if the trailer doesn’t even clear your tires, start cranking.

trickpony1

NO! I’ve been both a shifter and a feeder driver and I know you guys are saying this as a joke but if the uninitiated is reading this, no tractor on earth has a hydraulic/pneumatic fifth wheel. The best a feeder driver can do is drop bags but if the trailer doesn’t even clear your tires, start cranking.
We have 6 of the white shifters with the hydraulic lift on our yard.
Drove one, periodically, over the years.
I guess I must be imagining things.

Conceptually helping.

Yeet

We have 6 of the white shifters with the hydraulic lift on our yard.
Drove one, periodically, over the years.
I guess I must be imagining things.

Conceptually helping.
You misunderstood. No tractor has a hydraulic fifth wheel. EVERY SINGLE YARD BIRD HAS ONE.

....no tractor on earth has a hydraulic/pneumatic fifth wheel.
None? On Earth? Anywhere? Such a declarative statement, your credentials please.

Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words.

Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words.

Bullied and belittled blah blah blah.

Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words.

So odd, blah blah.

Words words words words words words words.

Maybe you're just obtuse.

Yeet

Yep. And most yards have old decommissioned tractors that aren’t street legal anymore and don’t hold air for shifters. “What took you so long?”
You actually got me there. The smaller yards use old tractors that definitely don’t have boom fifth wheels.

Yeet

None? On Earth? Anywhere? Such a declarative statement, your credentials please.

Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words.

Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words.

Bullied and belittled blah blah blah.

Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words. Words words words words words words words.

So odd, blah blah.

Words words words words words words words.

Maybe you're just obtuse.
You SOB

Yeet

Can you imagine if that was a thing… could see gypos raising that boom 45 degrees, scraping the back of the trailer on the highway…
I saw a video on YouTube where a dumptruck with a hydraulic fifth wheel was hauling ass down the highway with the boom fully raised. He slammed into the first overpass. Amazing video.

ManInBrown

You never go on shift if a load is not ready. Feeder-sort-central sort. I’m given a load and it’s not ready, oh well that’s not my problem. This is UPS,not Joe and Billy Bob‘s shipping company. I’m not picking up the phone and calling dispatch for every little thing. I never call my dispatch. If I’m on property and I need to speak to them, I drive around to the feeder building. They know what time the load pulls, if that’s what you give me, that’s on you. Never been spoken to once. Again, do not go on shift and sit there, that is stealing time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You never go on shift if a load is not ready. Feeder-sort-central sort. I’m given a load and it’s not ready, oh well that’s not my problem. This is UPS,not Joe and Billy Bob‘s shipping company. I’m not picking up the phone and calling dispatch for every little thing. I never call my dispatch. If I’m on property and I need to speak to them, I drive around to the feeder building. They know what time the load pulls, if that’s what you give me, that’s on you. Never been spoken to once. Again, do not go on shift and sit there, that is stealing time.
It’s like I said…. Putting delay on everything can be more of a red flag than just waiting on a load and not putting any delay at all. There’s times where dispatch will be called by load sup and they give them extra time past pull time…really only thing that I worry about coding out is breakdown time and I have to be at the shop for more than 10 or so minutes.. I don’t code it out if I just have a question for one of the shop guys..everyone is different I guess.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
It’s like I said…. Putting delay on everything can be more of a red flag than just waiting on a load and not putting any delay at all. There’s times where dispatch will be called by load sup and they give them extra time past pull time…really only thing that I worry about coding out is breakdown time and I have to be at the shop for more than 10 or so minutes.. I don’t code it out if I just have a question for one of the shop guys..everyone is different I guess.
My god this is complicated. Glad I went to RPCD… I just drive around and try to have less things in my truck at the end of the day.

Yeet

For me, yes and no. I cover my ass with every aspect of this job. “Don’t let them hold you passed 3”. Ok. That was my directive and I follow the rules to the T. Now it’s passed 3 and they are still holding me. So I call dispatch and tell them why I haven’t left by 3. Now I have passed the buck. When my ass gets called into the office and asked why that load missed the rail, I have a legitimate reason. Rule number one of this business, cover. Your. Ass.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If a PT supervisor refused to let me pull on time for any reason, I had dispatch on speed dial. I let them call down there and bitch them out. In my building, feeders had bigger cujones than the hub. We were also told by various on roads over the years to cover our time with Shift time or CS. I always made sure I had a witness when they told me to do stuff like that.

Yeet

If a PT supervisor refused to let me pull on time for any reason, I had dispatch on speed dial. I let them call down there and bitch them out. In my building, feeders had bigger cujones than the hub. We were also told by various on roads over the years to cover our time with Shift time or CS. I always made sure I had a witness when they told me to do stuff like that.
If you’re a PT sup and a feeder driver tells you to close the door at a certain time, you better do it. We’ve been here much longer than you and have way more pull than you do.