Mack37

Does any tractor have a hydraulic boom on it??? Never heard of them having something like that.
I never saw any at UPS when I was there but, USPS has two at my location.The reason they have them is one post office has a dock that has the truck/trailer facing downhill and it's near impossible to pull skids of magazines and things like that off the trailer. So runs to that station get a lift tractor so you can raise the trailer and make it level.

Right.

Try asking and listening.......be polite. Be civil.

Well, c'mon man...tell us the big secret!!!

Stewart.gif

specter208

SoCal feeder question. My area is looking for several backup feeder drivers. I checked the contract but couldn’t find anything.
My questions:
- Can you go back to package if you don’t like the feeder job?
- Do you go straight to top rate from middle 22.4 progression?
- Is it possible to remain both a package and a feeder driver if you like doing both jobs?
- Does feeder management need to give you time in advance warning if they need to use you? - Can you drive package one day and be on feeder the next day?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
SoCal feeder question. My area is looking for several backup feeder drivers. I checked the contract but couldn’t find anything.
My questions:
- Is it possible to remain both a package and a feeder driver if you like doing both jobs?
- Does feeder management need to give you time in advance warning if they need to use you? - Can you drive package one day and be on feeder the next day?
In the Atlantic the answer to all those questions would be yes with the exception of pay progression.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
My questions:
I’m in SoCal and I know a couple guys who went back to package after they tried feeder, it wasn’t for them. You will still be in progression but at full time rate. You can only be feeder or package, not both. Yes you can drive package Monday and get called to feeder the rest of the week.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
In the Atlantic the answer to all those questions would be yes with the exception of pay progression.

I’m in SoCal and I know a couple guys who went back to package after they tried feeder, it wasn’t for them. You will still be in progression but at full time rate. You can only be feeder or package, not both. Yes you can drive package Monday and get called to feeder the rest of the week.
I thought so. Being in the middle of 22.4 progression does not get you top rate in feeders.

specter208

Thank you, I have a few more questions If you don’t mind.
-What is the commitment time for feeders if I say yes?
- If I drop out and return to package, is it possible to return to feeders later?
- since you mentioned that one can only be either pkg or feeder, Is it possible to just remain a backup feeder and be able to do package work every now and then?
- does higher seniority automatically equal feeder work all the time?
- I have 5 years of preload and 4 years of backup shifting experience (non-cdl) do you think these skills and experience transfer well to feeder

I’m a two year 22.4, there are even lower seniority drivers going feeders in my area and I’m not sure whether to make the switch so early. I really enjoy the regular driving work. Preload also stills asks for me to shift occasionally which I enjoy doing and keeps me from getting bored. Maybe I’m not ready yet. What you guys think?

PreTrippin’

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
SoCal. lol
- Can you go back to package if you don’t like the feeder job? yes after they take your soul.
- Do you go straight to top rate from middle 22.4 progression? you must be new.
- Is it possible to remain both a package and a feeder driver if you like doing both jobs? possible? More like required. I hope you really do like doing both jobs. Back to back all week.
- Does feeder management need to lol give you time in advance warning if they need to use you? no.
- Can you drive package one day and be on feeder the next day? Only 60 percent of the time every time.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
Thank you, I have a few more questions If you don’t mind.
-What is the commitment time for feeders if I say yes?
- If I drop out and return to package, is it possible to return to feeders later?
- since you mentioned that one can only be either pkg or feeder, Is it possible to just remain a backup feeder and be able to do package work every now and then?
- does higher seniority automatically equal feeder work all the time?
- I have 5 years of preload and 4 years of backup shifting experience (non-cdl) do you think these skills and experience transfer well to feeder

I’m a two year 22.4, there are even lower seniority drivers going feeders in my area and I’m not sure whether to make the switch so early. I really enjoy the regular driving work. Preload also stills asks for me to shift occasionally which I enjoy doing and keeps me from getting bored. Maybe I’m not ready yet. What you guys think?
I don’t know the answer to any of those, but you get a new seniority date in feeder, package doesn’t matter anymore. My opinion is go to feeder now. There will be a massive amount of people retiring. There was a big gap of feeder new hires between 2007 and 2013.

quad decade guy

I don’t know the answer to any of those, but you get a new seniority date in feeder, package doesn’t matter anymore. My opinion is go to feeder now. There will be a massive amount of people retiring. There was a big gap of feeder new hires between 2007 and 2013.
Don't know what massive means. Here, we'll have a few out of 250.