Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Man this club really rocks.!!
I used to be shift meal then a 3.5 hour run for this peak i claimed one of the rentals sleeper truck so the first 3 hours of the day I just chill as they have no shifters and cant risk missing my pull time.
Ps. plus 15 minutes break X2 because over 3 hours long drive each way.
Simmer down!!!

HFolb23

Genuinely curious if any of you have dealt with a situation like this before and how you handled it.

I work in a small center and one of our outbound doors is a 53. The building and parking lot are from the 80s when 53s didn’t exist so to say it’s a tight squeeze is an understatement and damn near impossible when cars park across from the door. Can’t couple up from the side because you’ll tail swing it right into the building, gotta pull it forward then turn.

There are no parking signs directly across from that door and for the most part the package drivers and inside employees listen to it, but every so often one person will disregard the sign and then three to four others follow suit. Admittedly, parking is a premium there. Lots of times I need to move my tractor out to park my personal truck in its spot.

When this happens we (the feeder drivers) take a photo and send it to our on roads to show them why we’re going to be late. The on roads call the center manager and they address it at PCM. Sometimes it fixes the issue briefly, other times it falls on deaf ears.

Last week it happened several times, I know it was mentioned at PCM because I confirmed it with a few of my package friends. It’s the same 3-4 cars each time, and at this point it’s pretty obvious that they just don’t care. One day they put up cones and you could see where they moved them out of the way to park their cars.

That day I took two dollys and put one nice and tight to each front door, but I don’t have enough dollys to block all of them in. It didn’t happen again until tonight.

Center manager understandably says he can’t be playing park lot attendant in the morning is at the point he’s ready to have cars towed but that doesn’t help unless someone calls a tow truck before we get to work and notice it ourselves.

Another feeder driver suggested getting the 53 off the door and dropping an empty pup in front of their cars effectively trapping them in to make a point. The driver who pulls that door would just have to back the pup up one space to be able to get under their 53.

Right now they have taken to parking the tractors in those spots but that just means that driver needs to come in, go inside and get keys and then move all of them out of the way before he can get his on to the door and it means musical tractors for the rest of us because we come in and have to find wherever he could park them out of the way.

It’s almost a contract year and the last thing we need is infighting amongst us but it is beyond frustrating dealing with this situation. It was a once in a while thing, now it’s several times a week because those particular package car drivers can’t be bothered enough to care how their actions effect us.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Genuinely curious if any of you have dealt with a situation like this before and how you handled it.

I work in a small center and one of our outbound doors is a 53. The building and parking lot are from the 80s when 53s didn’t exist so to say it’s a tight squeeze is an understatement and damn near impossible when cars park across from the door. Can’t couple up from the side because you’ll tail swing it right into the building, gotta pull it forward then turn.

There are no parking signs directly across from that door and for the most part the package drivers and inside employees listen to it, but every so often one person will disregard the sign and then three to four others follow suit. Admittedly, parking is a premium there. Lots of times I need to move my tractor out to park my personal truck in its spot.

When this happens we (the feeder drivers) take a photo and send it to our on roads to show them why we’re going to be late. The on roads call the center manager and they address it at PCM. Sometimes it fixes the issue briefly, other times it falls on deaf ears.

Last week it happened several times, I know it was mentioned at PCM because I confirmed it with a few of my package friends. It’s the same 3-4 cars each time, and at this point it’s pretty obvious that they just don’t care. One day they put up cones and you could see where they moved them out of the way to park their cars.

That day I took two dollys and put one nice and tight to each front door, but I don’t have enough dollys to block all of them in. It didn’t happen again until tonight.

Center manager understandably says he can’t be playing park lot attendant in the morning is at the point he’s ready to have cars towed but that doesn’t help unless someone calls a tow truck before we get to work and notice it ourselves.

Another feeder driver suggested getting the 53 off the door and dropping an empty pup in front of their cars effectively trapping them in to make a point. The driver who pulls that door would just have to back the pup up one space to be able to get under their 53.

Right now they have taken to parking the tractors in those spots but that just means that driver needs to come in, go inside and get keys and then move all of them out of the way before he can get his on to the door and it means musical tractors for the rest of us because we come in and have to find wherever he could park them out of the way.

It’s almost a contract year and the last thing we need is infighting amongst us but it is beyond frustrating dealing with this situation. It was a once in a while thing, now it’s several times a week because those particular package car drivers can’t be bothered enough to care how their actions effect us.
Dealt with a similar situation when I had a run where I pulled an air trailer out of a tight spot, bottom line it's their problem, not your problem and you shouldn't be running around trying to fix it by moving dollies and worrying about what some package supervisor said at the PCM. Call dispatch and tell them what the issue is and then sit in your tractor and wait for them to fix it.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

Absolutely no cars are allowed in our yard. It’s completely fenced off from the employee parking lot. I work at a rather large hub, though. I have been to some really tight centers before and it’s not fun. If it’s not safe, don’t do it. Report to dispatch why you aren’t able to pull your load off the door and i guarantee you someone will fix it.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Absolutely no cars are allowed in our yard. It’s completely fenced off from the employee parking lot. I work at a rather large hub, though. I have been to some really tight centers before and it’s not fun. If it’s not safe, don’t do it. Report to dispatch why you aren’t able to pull your load off the door and i guarantee you someone will fix it.
This picture is a few years old while we were under construction but it gives you an idea of what I mean. Employee parking lot is bottom left.

277E086E-B725-433C-AE4F-041262D13C5E.jpeg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Put it on and take it off with a shifter. (But I'm going to assume you don't have one there)
If a shifter doesn't have enough clearance to make the move, then there should only be a pup or 45' on that door.

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

Find a way to make it between management and the employees who are halting their operation. Never attempt do anything unsafe because “it’s got to go now”. If dispatch instructs you to move dollies around or pups around, then I would do that, but it seems like a band aid solution.

You have to make it a big enough problem that management will do something to actually fix it. Right now it is not a big enough problem for them. Maybe they will tow the employees cars. Maybe they will create more parking elsewhere. Or they will change the runs to a set of pups instead of 53’s.

But don’t feel bad about it. All you are doing is showing management that they have a problem to solve.

over9five

Staff member
Anyone have a good Hours of Service app?
I used to have a really good one, think it was called Recap, maybe Recap+.
Seems to have disappeared from my cell, and I can't find it in the app store.

Siveriano

Finally did a sleeper route.
Was nice, I dont trust the other driver with the night shift so i did the night drives, pretty cool and simple stuff, hopefully soon ill learn how to code all the :censored2: that happens so we can get pay the extras.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Was nice, I dont trust the other driver with the night shift so i did the night drives, pretty cool and simple stuff, hopefully soon ill learn how to code all the :censored2: that happens so we can get pay the extras.

How is it sharing a bed with another man
#nohomo

Johney

Be prepared to get twice as fat as a regular feeder driver.