HFolb23

How am I supposed to know how long it takes? I’ve had PT sups tell me it’ll be ready in 15 and I’m there for an hour before they let me leave.
When I brought up that point they said I needed to get the name of the belt sup that told me it would only be 20 mins and confirm with the hub dispatch office that it would only be 20mins.

Even better? A few nights a week I would login to shiftcom and then get a message saying that they’re all set in the yard and to log back out of shiftcom.

Now I just take a photo of that message and sit there on delay at that point. As far as I’m concerned that’s working as directed.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I used to pick up a load at a small center in Louisiana every night. I'd drop my inbound, hook up to the outbound load and it would be an hour before I could pull. I would just sit in my tractor. My bosses told me to go to CS till my pull time. That went on for a while, till the center objected to having the time come out of their operation. They told me they wanted me to work in their small sort till my pull time. I guess my productivity didn't meet with their expectations. They told me to just go sit in my tractor after all and they would bang on it when they were done.

HFolb23

They told me they wanted me to work in their small sort till my pull time.
Sometimes I bring in the second preload to a small extended center that only has one inbound door. I’ll have to wait until they’re done with the first trailer to put my inbound trailer on.

I go inside and flip the packages labels up and dump smalls bags for the scanners. There’s only like 12 employees there and they’re all swamped. I don’t feel so ambitious when I’m waiting on my outbound at a hub with 500 people on a shift.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
:biggrin:

1664195525485.png

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Sometimes I bring in the second preload to a small extended center that only has one inbound door. I’ll have to wait until they’re done with the first trailer to put my inbound trailer on.

I go inside and flip the packages labels up and dump smalls bags for the scanners. There’s only like 12 employees there and they’re all swamped. I don’t feel so ambitious when I’m waiting on my outbound at a hub with 500 people on a shift.
I stand and watch and grieve the supervisors working. Cha ching! Hire lucky number 13

Trucker Clock

I used to pick up a load at a small center in Louisiana every night. I'd drop my inbound, hook up to the outbound load and it would be an hour before I could pull. I would just sit in my tractor. My bosses told me to go to CS till my pull time. That went on for a while, till the center objected to having the time come out of their operation. They told me they wanted me to work in their small sort till my pull time. I guess my productivity didn't meet with their expectations. They told me to just go sit in my tractor after all and they would bang on it when they were done.

I posted this before

They tried that here. Small center with 1 shifter for the first hour of the AM sort.

New Center manager wanted the shifter to help unload trailers and move irregs between moves.

I was covering that job that week and I'll be damned, but I dropped an irreg on my foot the very first time they had me help. It was fun watching a sup trying to put a trailer on one of the doors while another sup went to get his car to take me to the clinic. The first sup called the Center Manager and got him out of bed. Center Manager told me, over the phone, that he would never ask me to help again if I could finish the day and not go to the clinic.

The bid shifter was asked to help out the preload the next week when he got back. Feeders said that he had to work as directed, but to document all the time he spent helping the preload. Feeders was going to code that time to the preload.

After the first day, he was told not to help the preload anymore. I guess his time coded to the preload the previous day screwed their numbers big time.

Johney

Up in Tennessee with the wife for a wedding, took a long winding mountain road(rte 40 or something)to get here seen tons of feeder drivers. Man props to those guys I drove feeders for 8 years on flat ground no way would I do that here.

Siveriano

Man this club really rocks.!!
I used to be shift meal then a 3.5 hour run for this peak i claimed one of the rentals sleeper truck so the first 3 hours of the day I just chill as they have no shifters and cant risk missing my pull time.
Ps. plus 15 minutes break X2 because over 3 hours long drive each way.