HFolb23

We only have the little cheater chains here that loop though the wheels. I carry a set in my truck because my ten wheeler has a tag axle. I’d never use them on the road, but as a last resort to get me out of a snowy lot they’re okay.

Seems every year someone shreds a valve stem off because they slapped them on in a hurry without looking just to get under a trailer and now they’re heading to the shop for a new drive tire.

New here. Also new to feeder dept in red River district tx. I ask my ORS about how seniority works here in feeders. Of course I reset once I pass my 1 week training class. *had my CDL before entering UPS. Small story short I was looking at the seniority list and saw 2 other people with less Full time seniority in front of me. I was told TCD does not count towards your seniority since it’s consider part time (pls correct me if they are wrong). When feeder call people to go to class. Shouldn’t they go by full time seniority date? Not hire date? People in front of me that started in 02 but they work part time and quit after a year. Came back in 21 and as a 22.4, but still went to feeder school before me. Union Stewart says file a grievance and see what happens.

Johney

New here. Also new to feeder dept in red River district tx. I ask my ORS about how seniority works here in feeders. Of course I reset once I pass my 1 week training class. *had my CDL before entering UPS. Small story short I was looking at the seniority list and saw 2 other people with less Full time seniority in front of me. I was told TCD does not count towards your seniority since it’s consider part time (pls correct me if they are wrong). When feeder call people to go to class. Shouldn’t they go by full time seniority date? Not hire date? People in front of me that started in 02 but they work part time and quit after a year. Came back in 21 and as a 22.4, but still went to feeder school before me. Union Stewart says file a grievance and see what happens.
Did they sign a previous bid sheet you didn't?

Cowboy Mac

I’m in San Antonio. They should be calling for feeder training by full time seniority. However, we have had guys forget to sign a list and they are not called. Junior guys get trained before them.

They have to exhaust the list before they go to another one. So if the list says they need 30 drivers, they stay on that list until they get the 30, or they run out of people to call. Then they move to the next list.

When you’re done with training they put you on the call list in the order you finished training. So that senior driver who trains later because he forgot to sign the bid sheet, will go to the bottom of seniority for the call list, until the next guy trains.