ManInBrown

and

are HERE TO STAY.

They are universally used in Europe.......much in the US.

Now, how much could you lose during a strike and after.....

To circle back to the starting point.
Not in the 177 they’re not here to stay. We don’t even have them, and thankfully I don’t believe we will anytime soon. I feel bad for locals that have them. I’ve heard Texas and a few other places. Just another tool used to discipline drivers they don’t like, while runners (and yes there are runners in feeders) will be able to do as they please and mgmt will never check the footage on their camera.

ManInBrown

They are not cameras they are sensors. No video is ever recorded in your cab. We’ve had them for quite a while. They are ignored and laughed about. The outward facing cameras have actually shown We have some pretty damn good drivers.
I don’t want to listen to that sensor all day going off. I’ll lose my mind. I had to put a piece of electrical tape over the new IVIS when we got them. I don’t want that blinking light flashing all day and night. I’ve heard if you even take your eyes off the road for a second it goes off. To reach for a drink. I’ve also heard that if both hands aren’t on the steering wheel it goes off. Who drives with both hands on the steering wheel 10 and 2? No one, it’s ridiculous.

Thebrownblob

I don’t want to listen to that sensor all day going off. I’ll lose my mind. I’ve heard if you even take your eyes off the road for a second it goes off. To reach for a drink. I’ve also heard that if both hands aren’t on the steering wheel it goes off. Who drives with both hands on the steering wheel 10 and 2? No one, it’s ridiculous.
Very little of what you heard is true. I don’t like them. I think they’re a waste of time and a waste of money, but nothing is done with this as far as discipline.

Your management team cannot see even the forward facing video unless the company they use called lytex flags it and forwards it to them.

A few weeks ago, we had a driver using a rental get sideswiped. Both vehicles had to be towed and the driver was taken off car pending investigation..

He was steadfastly against the forward facing cameras, and he told me I sure wish I was driving a UPS package car. It would’ve showed everything. Eventually they got the video from the city and he was cleared.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

Very little of what you heard is true. I don’t like them. I think they’re a waste of time and a waste of money, but nothing is done with this as far as discipline.

Your management team cannot see even the forward facing video unless the company they use called lytex flags it and forwards it to them.

A few weeks ago, we had a driver using a rental get sideswiped. Both vehicles had to be towed and the driver was taken off car pending investigation..

He was steadfastly against the forward facing cameras, and he told me I sure wish I was driving a UPS package car. It would’ve showed everything. Eventually they got the video from the city and he was cleared.
Are you a package driver, or feeder driver? I’m sorry I don’t know.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So what’s the problem with contractors? Staffing?
5529F44A-2CE8-4C01-9787-B4AFE80B748E.png

Family

Out facing cameras have at it. Cameras facing drivers, friend off. Put a listening device in every office including CEO and maybe we'll talk.

qdg2

I don’t want to listen to that sensor all day going off. I’ll lose my mind. I had to put a piece of electrical tape over the new IVIS when we got them. I don’t want that blinking light flashing all day and night. I’ve heard if you even take your eyes off the road for a second it goes off. To reach for a drink. I’ve also heard that if both hands aren’t on the steering wheel it goes off. Who drives with both hands on the steering wheel 10 and 2? No one, it’s ridiculous.
Do you really think....really you won't get them? It's just part of A.I. after all. Right? Putting a piece of tape on equipment could and would be considered tampering. So would silencing the aural warning. If you were to say have an accident and weren't able to remove that tape before they got there....think about that. Not any different than leaving a bulkhead door open or whatever. BTW, if cameras installed.....it would all be on tape......the tampering for example....

Not in the 177 they’re not here to stay. We don’t even have them, and thankfully I don’t believe we will anytime soon. I feel bad for locals that have them. I’ve heard Texas and a few other places. Just another tool used to discipline drivers they don’t like, while runners (and yes there are runners in feeders) will be able to do as they please and mgmt will never check the footage on their camera.
So, you think it's already a failed experiment? In Texas? Around the world? They are ubiquitous in Europe.

Serious question: what makes the 177 very, in fact totally different than many other operations at UPS? Though you said "not to stay" then "I don't believe anytime soon."

Runners get special treatment until they screw up. No person is safe. Including mgt.

I believe eventually, that there will be 2 way comm(real time, voice) in cab. Perhaps as a a driver walks to a stop for example. Easily, head-up display possibilities.

BTW, have you heard the term: "Virtual OJS"? This is just the beginning. To think otherwise just doesn't mesh with reality or being scared or other nonsense. If not here, it will be at your next job or already is. And when someone lauds the virtues for bailing someone out of a fix but not the other way......is simply obtuse.

Last edited:

qdg2

Out facing cameras have at it. Cameras facing drivers, friend off. Put a listening device in every office including CEO and maybe we'll talk.
Our offices had cameras.....you don't think they are monitored or have voice capability? Already....?

Thebrownblob

Do you really think....really you won't get them? It's just part of A.I. after all. Right? Putting a piece of tape on equipment could and would be considered tampering. So would silencing the aural warning. If you were to say have an accident and weren't able to remove that tape before they got there....think about that. Not any different than leaving a bulkhead door open or whatever. BTW, if cameras installed.....it would all be on tape......the tampering for example....

So, you think it's already a failed experiment? In Texas? Around the world? They are ubiquitous in Europe.

Serious question: what makes the 177 very, in fact totally different than many other operations at UPS? Though you said "not to stay" then "I don't believe anytime soon."

Runners get special treatment until they screw up. No person is safe. Including mgt.

I believe eventually, that there will be 2 way comm(real time, voice) in cab. Perhaps as a a driver walks to a stop for example. Easily, head-up display possibilities.

BTW, have you heard the term: "Virtual OJS"? This is just the beginning. To think otherwise just doesn't mesh with reality or being scared or other nonsense. If not here, it will be at your next job or already is. And when someone lauds the virtues for bailing someone out of a fix but not the other way......is simply obtuse.
Oh my god not virtual OJS that they’ve been doing for over a decade that would be awful.

And you can just toss that virtual OJS in the trash. 🤷‍♂️

So much handwringing. You must have ulcers.

Trucker Clock

They are not cameras they are sensors. No video is ever recorded in your cab. We’ve had them for quite a while. They are ignored and laughed about. The outward facing cameras have actually shown We have some pretty damn good drivers.

All the Lytx cameras have a driver facing camera. It is not activated at this point, but it is the camera that uses AI to detect distracted driving.

If the Union ever does give in, it can be activated at the push of a button.

Thebrownblob

All the Lytx cameras have a driver facing camera. It is not activated at this point, but it is the camera that uses AI to detect distracted driving.

Ever gave in on what? What have we done so far? As far as removing the devices? The only thing we have is that they cannot use them by their selves solely for discipline.

Already had a driver get caught multiple times with the front facing camera, catching his reflection using his cell phone while driving. The only thing they did to him was tell him not to do it and he said he wouldn’t. Several months later they had to witness him in person driving around texting on his cell phone. That is when discipline began. really no different than it ever was.

Last edited:

qdg2

But they can see it. And do. Fact. Liking them means....nothing. Or what you think about them. The money's already been spent and much more planned.

Nothing is done as far as discipline........"coaching". In time......you realize it's just a button....right?

And your friend....sooner or later......we all do......would be able to use the in-facing to save jobs also.

I never had hours long conversations when I was a pkg driver(tech didn't exist)(free minutes etc)(too busy) with groups of guys or individuals. But when available not much was held back about much of anything. The notion of what was said in that cab stayed there.....This will be a slippery slope.

BTW, un-bagging that MTN Dew and hotdog you bought while whizzing........will be seen also.

Curious, where do you get your information? And know it's exactly true? For example: what those "sensors" are capable of? Or actually doing......

We were given a sound track added video brief....I don't recall given in-depth tech specs or future capabilities or plans of MGT. Very shortly after the "coaching began". Do you know someone in IT?

qdg2

And while it's not "activated"(camera).....AI is......is there really a difference? The surveillance I mean? I actually walked out of a "coaching".....while he was talking....nothing else ever said. Weird experience.

Thebrownblob

But they can see it. And do. Fact. Liking them means....nothing. Or what you think about them. The money's already been spent and much more planned.

Nothing is done as far as discipline........"coaching". In time......you realize it's just a button....right?

And your friend....sooner or later......we all do......would be able to use the in-facing to save jobs also.

I never had hours long conversations when I was a pkg driver(tech didn't exist)(free minutes etc)(too busy) with groups of guys or individuals. But when available not much was held back about much of anything. The notion of what was said in that cab stayed there.....This will be a slippery slope.

BTW, un-bagging that MTN Dew and hotdog you bought while whizzing........will be seen also.

Curious, where do you get your information? And know it's exactly true? For example: what those "sensors" are capable of? Or actually doing......

We were given a sound track added video brief....I don't recall given in-depth tech specs or future capabilities or plans of MGT. Very shortly after the "coaching began". Do you know someone in IT?
What on earth are you talking about? You sat in the seat of that feeder truck by yourself so long so long you’re scared of your own shadow.

In order for them to see video past the current day, it had to of been triggered by something in the cab, or telematics the company in charge of those videos send them daily to management to look at.

When we first got them, there was a lot of “coaching” in the months since nothing is said about it anymore unless it’s really serious really obvious or really good for the driver.

They posted one of a child running out in front of our package car and the package car driver did a great job avoiding congratulations.

My personal opinion is these types of things have been happening for 100 years and the video is mostly a waste of time and money as far as disciplining drivers, for the company and most of the management people already know that.

I would imagine everything else is mostly for insurance and liability purposes.

Thebrownblob

And while it's not "activated"(camera).....AI is......is there really a difference? The surveillance I mean? I actually walked out of a "coaching".....while he was talking....nothing else ever said. Weird experience.
Exactly because it’s someone above them that wants your manager to do it. Your direct management team figures out pretty quick. They don’t have time to talk and coach about something that isn’t going to affect the work group in a real manner.

Most of them, wish it would just go away as it another metric to meet that they’re blamed for, and really can do very little about just more paper work for them.