Cementups

Box Monkey
Are they still having issues keeping the new hires? I heard it’s like a revolving door, one will show up for two days then disappear and so forth. You know how rumors are.
Also, are they close to finishing the other wing (I think doors 3-400s) for outbound loads? Last time I was out there seemed like they still had a good bit of work to finish
I couldn't answer that with accuracy but I can say, it has always been that way in the hub. Even in the old HARPA building. I don't think we've had much of a turnover when it comes to drivers. I'm a sleeper driver (currently) so I'm not around much to see the silliness. But the feeder driver number has been climbing at quite the rapid place.

The hard part for drivers, especially those who drove other places, is to get used to the stupidity and the lack of common sense that our management team provides. Once you get over that and just come in and work as instructed, it's an easy place to work for and make a lot of money :D

And those last two wings are slowly and surely getting done. Not sure of an ETA.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The best feeder drive song of all-time.

Unfortunately, it’s barely 3 minutes long.

On the road, that leaves another 4 and a half hours to go.

1682045492379.png

Oh well,

Attachments

• 7B8595CE-FDFB-465E-A95C-E8724AAE0EDB.png
    7B8595CE-FDFB-465E-A95C-E8724AAE0EDB.png
    794.2 KB · Views: 25

trickpony1

We had a feeder driver just retire whose CB handle was Hero....he could cowboy a dolly between two 53' trailers...I hated him.
Doing the "cowboy" thing with a long front trailer is actually easier because the trailer and the dolly don't "cut" as quick.

As you know, a 28 cuts real quick and the dolly behind it cuts even quicker.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Doing the "cowboy" thing with a long front trailer is actually easier because the trailer and the dolly don't "cut" as quick.

As you know, a 28 cuts real quick and the dolly behind it cuts even quicker.
I read that as cowboying a dolly with a 53’ on both sides of the rear pup.

trickpony1

I read that as cowboying a dolly with a 53’ on both sides of the rear pup.
He's a better driver than me.
I wouldn't chance my equipment "getting sideways" and hitting adjacent trailers.

As you describe it that would call for your equipment being kept in a straight line making it nearly impossible to see the dolly.

But what could I know.....

govols019

You smell that?
I wouldn't chance my equipment "getting sideways" and hitting adjacent trailers.

As you describe it that would call for your equipment being kept in a straight line making it nearly impossible to see the dolly.

He was that good....like is said, I hated him.

If he had to he could have put his back box on the door without breaking his set down.

It's better off to cowboy at a slight angle, you can see the dolly and straighten the front box to it at the right time, then swing your tractor straight (enough) to pull out without risking either side box or effing the shifters. How I do it anyway.