ManInBrown

I don't know of a feeder driver who would crash into a building and flee. Just own it and probably keep your job. Probably a gypsy pulling a UPS trailer. People see the logo and assume it's a UPS driver.
This. The only scenario I could imagine is someone brand new and they panicked. Either that or a gypsy.

Cowboy Mac

They would wonder what the thing sticking out of the floor is, and why there are two brake pedals.
Back in my cover driving days, I bumped a junior driver off of a route that looked pretty sweet that day. This junior driver comes into the dispatch office in tears about to have a mental breakdown because the route I bumped him onto was a rural route in a blown out 6 cube and he didn’t know how to drive standard.

I said damn that sucks and walked out. The dispatcher caught up to me and ended up making me take the route in the standard car.

Back in my cover driving days, I bumped a junior driver off of a route that looked pretty sweet that day. This junior driver comes into the dispatch office in tears about to have a mental breakdown because the route I bumped him onto was a rural route in a blown out 6 cube and he didn’t know how to drive standard.

I said damn that sucks and walked out. The dispatcher caught up to me and ended up making me take the route in the standard car.
And this is why kids are coddled :censored2:heads now.

Trucker Clock

I’m surprised nobody from Indy on here has confirmed it was one of theirs. I’m sure they know. Don’t out the guy, but end the speculation. Own it.

Thebrownblob

I’m surprised nobody from Indy on here has confirmed it was one of theirs. I’m sure they know. Don’t out the guy, but end the speculation. Own it.
Imagine screwing up so bad it makes national news. LOL reminds me of the time I got to sit in at the panel with the gentleman who was caught on video throwing packages out of his vehicle during Christmas onto a parking lot. He was famous or infamous, I guess. Hell of a way to get 15 minutes of fame

Trucker Clock

Imagine screwing up so bad it makes national news. LOL reminds me of the time I got to sit in at the panel with the gentleman who was caught on video throwing packages out of his vehicle during Christmas onto a parking lot. He was famous or infamous, I guess. Hell of a way to get 15 minutes of fame

Like I said, don’t out the guy. But at least confirm that it was one of us that screwed up and don’t blame it on a gypsy, even though they deserve it.

Thebrownblob

Like I said, don’t out the guy. But at least confirm that it was one of us that screwed up and don’t blame it on a gypsy, even though they deserve it.
For sure, if he’s actually an employee, he’s got a lot of time on his hands to do thinking and a lot of hearings and panels to go to most likely. The guy that threw the packages onto the parking lot ended up getting his job back.

ManInBrown

It was one of us out of Indy. Haven’t heard who yet or how new.

Similar to the guy that drove off the bridge in Gary on I90 last year. Nobody is talking and it is top secret.
Amazing, if he/she knew they actually did that and just drove away. They should be fired for sheer stupidity. Had they reported it, they would be fine. Less than zero chance you’d be fired for that. Accidents happen. Report everything. As long as you weren’t drunk or on drugs it would be nothing but a mark on a file.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Amazing, if he/she knew they actually did that and just drove away. They should be fired for sheer stupidity. Had they reported it, they would be fine. Less than zero chance you’d be fired for that. Accidents happen. Report everything. As long as you weren’t drunk or on drugs it would be nothing but a mark on a file.
The trailer(s) would no doubt be jacked up… wouldn’t be that hard to see fresh damage on the skin of the back box…not sure how you’d explain that.

Johney

Does anyone know for sure it wasn't reported to his supervisors? I mean let's say it's early morning,rookie driver, calls dispatch(first thing any rookie does)says "Hey I just hit a building with my rear trailer" I can hear the dispatcher now"JUST GET THAT LOAD WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE ON TIME I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT"!

Just saying.

Trucker Clock

Does anyone know for sure it wasn't reported to his supervisors? I mean let's say it's early morning,rookie driver, calls dispatch(first thing any rookie does)says "Hey I just hit a building with my rear trailer" I can hear the dispatcher now"JUST GET THAT LOAD WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE ON TIME I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT"!

Just saying.

i doubt it. I’ve seen management do some pretty stupid stuff over the years, but telling a driver to leave the scene of an accident would really take the cake.

I would still find it hard to believe that even if he told the store manager what he did, left his info and told the manager that UPS would be coming out later, that UPS would tell him to leave before the cops took a report.

And it looks like he just hit it and left. The store didn’t know who he was, just a UPS set of doubles, and the cops had to chase him down.

And for any management on this board, I’m not reserving the doing stupid stuff just to management. Case in point. What this guy did.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

Just saying.
I was told if they don’t take you out of service immediately, like you can’t even drive the truck back, then they can’t take you out of service when you get back.