oldngray

nowhere special
It seems lot lizards are aware that UPS drivers aren't "available" as the don't seem to approach us as much as your regular OTR driver. They do provide a welcome distraction at times as drivers on nights usually do not get to see many females of the species.

I thought most of those "females" were packing different tackle if you saw them drop their pants.

over9five

Staff member
Someone once posted a lot lizard video here. It was like a compressed time vid showing lot lizards going truck to truck to truck!

When I was a rookie in feeder the senior guys would all lead me down Ogden ave in our convoy because the knew the hookers would all flash us on our way by. They would flash and laugh and you'd give them a friendly wave.

bluehdmc

You don't really appreciate the creature comforts unless you drove one of these.

Back from the days when "men were men", drove a couple of those when I first started, the Macks when you shifted to 4th you thought you missed a gear and the Internationals would pop out of gear every 4th bump. Some of the old-timers said they were good for sleeping though.

MaceFremonti

My turn around IS a truck stop. Some days I'm there chillin' for 2+ hours. It's quite the freak show.

LOL just realized what you did there Cach!^^^

pretender

Back from the days when "men were men", drove a couple of those when I first started, the Macks when you shifted to 4th you thought you missed a gear and the Internationals would pop out of gear every 4th bump. Some of the old-timers said they were good for sleeping though.

I am surprised that it did not have a winter front--It was COLD inside those cabs!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If a driver goes into feeders, is he allowed to bid on a route when they send him back during the non - busy season? Does the driver decide what they want to do when sent back, as far as work assignment (eg. working preload vs. driving)?