Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I was told the other day that there is a guy on a 6 day run who made 240k last year.

I find that hard to believe but I would never say it's impossible. I sometimes meet SDFAS sleeper drivers who are running feeder runs on their days off. One of the guys said they have a few who work every day possible and they barely crack $190k.

Also, does working on a 6th day matter in sleepers if it's your bid run? We have runs that start at 23:30 and have drive time on 6 days and I've never heard of anyone getting paid extra for their 6th day. Especially because most of them have that leg originate on the 5th day. If they were getting OT I would think they would push the start time back to midnight to save the $$.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I find that hard to believe but I would never say it's impossible. I sometimes meet SDFAS sleeper drivers who are running feeder runs on their days off. One of the guys said they have a few who work every day possible and they barely crack $190k.

Also, does working on a 6th day matter in sleepers if it's your bid run? We have runs that start at 23:30 and have drive time on 6 days and I've never heard of anyone getting paid extra for their 6th day. Especially because most of them have that leg originate on the 5th day. If they were getting OT I would think they would push the start time back to midnight to save the $$.
Yeah I don't know, sounded pretty crazy to me but I'm not up on all the ins and outs of sleeper team pay.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Yeah I don't know, sounded pretty crazy to me but I'm not up on all the ins and outs of sleeper team pay.

I run mileage, and I’m almost to $105k so far. We also have several sleeper teams that are over 6000 miles. Those teams are making over $3000 a week. A little simple math says, minus the seven weeks of vacation, that’s $138,000. Add in another $10.5k for vacation pay, and you’re right around 150k.

That’s without any extra work. A lot of those sleeper drivers are always signing up for extra work, so I can easily see hitting 175k.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I run mileage, and I’m almost to $105k so far. We also have several sleeper teams that are over 6000 miles. Those teams are making over $3000 a week. A little simple math says, minus the seven weeks of vacation, that’s $138,000. Add in another $10.5k for vacation pay, and you’re right around 150k.

That’s without any extra work. A lot of those sleeper drivers are always signing up for extra work, so I can easily see hitting 175k.

I think $175k wouldn't be a problem for many but there is a huge difference between $175k and $240k. I bet some pilots barely make $240k.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
No I'm pretty sure you're wrong there.

I don't know how accurate this is.

Screenshot_20190922-191647_Chrome.jpg

Indecisi0n

I caught UPS red handed ! See their camera malfunctioned and threw a code, CALL THE NEWS, CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN, TWITTER THE BIG ORANGE. THEY ARE WATCHING US !

20190923-170450.jpg

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I caught UPS red handed ! See their camera malfunctioned and threw a code, CALL THE NEWS, CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN, TWITTER THE BIG ORANGE. THEY ARE WATCHING US !

20190923-170450.jpg
We have a whole lot of tractors that don't have working cruise control because the collision mitigation is broken. Really annoying.