dudebro

Don’t really know what the benefit is. They were a pain to load, I’m sure also a pain to unload (never did it), and I don’t think you could fit much more in them versus a conventional trailer if any.
In the unload I used to buy the shifters coffee so they'd agree to jack up the front of those trailers when they put them on the door so we'd get a better gravity feed and didn't have to push each package into the row of them to get the extendos to catch the last one every time you put one down.

Cowboy Mac

But I want a loud one.
The diesel freightliners here have badass engine brakes. You can come to a complete stop quickly without even using the service brakes.

The natural gas tractors are garbage. Either the engine brake does nothing or it tries to downshift too early causing the transmission to get stuck in a gear. Then you have to pull over and turn it off for 30 seconds then back on.

ManInBrown

I still see one pulling into Meadow every once in a while. I’ve also seen the flat nose International pull in as I’m leaving. It’s a 270. Both within the last year.
Taken last night Meadow

Attachments

• IMG_4489.jpeg
    IMG_4489.jpeg
    671.8 KB · Views: 39

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We have a few like that , it's 13'6" in the center,,,12 left & right , I'd go through it all the time in Portsmouth Nh
Stay centered , I don't know what this guy was thinking

oldngray

nowhere special
We have a few like that , it's 13'6" in the center,,,12 left & right , I'd go through it all the time in Portsmouth Nh
Stay centered , I don't know what this guy was thinking
There are a lot of low railroad underpasses here. Despite the signs there are still plenty of truck drivers who don't realize until they are about to go through. Most do stop and have to back up in traffic to turn around but not uncommon for somebody to peel the top off a trailer or get stuck under the bridge.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There are designed feeder paths you are supposed to follow. Only reason to be caught in this situation is taking a shortcut, construction or detour around an accident. The driver is out of service. They got a new tractor from Penske. The "B" driver is doing all the driving from NY to Texas. They have to stop and give the driver 10 hours rest between shifts. As of late this afternoon, they had not made it back to Texas.

qdg2

There are designed feeder paths you are supposed to follow. Only reason to be caught in this situation is taking a shortcut, construction or detour around an accident. The driver is out of service. They got a new tractor from Penske. The "B" driver is doing all the driving from NY to Texas. They have to stop and give the driver 10 hours rest between shifts. As of late this afternoon, they had not made it back to Texas.
What hub? Did they fly the A driver home? I have seen such.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
What hub? Did they fly the A driver home? I have seen such.
They were out of Willowbrook in Houtx. They took the "A" driver out of service and made the "B" driver drive them both back to Houtx from NY. The "B" driver is doing all the driving back, and taking 10 hour rest breaks all the way back.