Central,Western PA and 243 count today

I'm not talking about CS past I'm talking about present and FUTURE pension issues.

The company is going to freeze their own employee's pensions shortly.
CS shortfall is to be made up thru this contract.
The existing ups/ibt pension plan is getting increases. We are no longer in just CS. Der.

So the point is...

That the company is freezing their own employee's pensions. If they had total control they'd eradicate ours if they could and my question is...who is the worst enemy?
Central states is a joke no doubt. My point is, ups would have agreed in 1997 to adopt a new mutually controlled plan.

Just because a pension is frozen does not mean the company doesn’t contribute to retirement. Many, if not most UPSers would applaud the freezing of their pensions. If I were in some of those pensions, I would vote to freeze them in a heartbeat.

F

Frankie's Friend

Central states is a joke no doubt. My point is, ups would have agreed in 1997 to adopt a new mutually controlled plan.

Just because a pension is frozen does not mean the company doesn’t contribute to retirement. Many, if not most UPSers would applaud the freezing of their pensions. If I were in some of those pensions, I would vote to freeze them in a heartbeat.
In 1997 no one trusted a company that was making record profit margins (for that time in their history) and was at the same time demanding all these harsh concessions.
They set the stage for members stiff necked attitudes and no one saw 2007/2008 coming.

The union is already on it's last leg! Our "leadership" is in bed with the company and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it until we can vote them out. FFFFUUUU Canada for voting hoffa in!
Not much will change in your local. It will be the same as it has been for the last 43 years.

In 1997 no one trusted a company that was making record profit margins (for that time in their history) and was at the same time demanding all these harsh concessions.
They set the stage for members stiff necked attitudes and no one saw 2007/2008 coming.
We weren’t going to take the ‘97 offer. But we knew what was coming for others.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
No doubt.

That was so much fun.

In my Local, the company went to court seeking an injunction to limit the

number of strikers on the picket line.... and won.

The Local Union's response ?

Rent out the property, next door to UPS....

:biggrin:

I was something..Still remember hearing of one incident, we did not have enough picketers one night to fully man the lines so the strikers set up a group of chairs and attached picket signs to them. The Company called the local police, they came out and beat the snot out of the chairs then left.

By the second week our strike area looked like a old MASH unit..Picnic tables, tents, grill and DJ...Ate way too many donuts...

I like the l997 photos that BUG posted, particularly the young part timer on the right giving the finger..It was glorious...

I was something..Still remember hearing of one incident, we did not have enough picketers one night to fully man the lines so the strikers set up a group of chairs and attached picket signs to them. The Company called the local police, they came out and beat the snot out of the chairs then left.

By the second week our strike area looked like a old MASH unit..Picnic tables, tents, grill and DJ...Ate way too many donuts...

I like the l997 photos that BUG posted, particularly the young part timer on the right giving the finger..It was glorious...
I never list the 10 pounds I gained during the steike

F

Frankie's Friend

Uh, those were pics I posted and BUG replied to.

F

Frankie's Friend

Screenshot_20190310-142534_Chrome.jpg

Part timer?
Probably a pt time supe that got forced to unload a trailer.