Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Who the hell is going to have hours still available for Sunday after 6 punches during peak week?
A lot of guys won't, but we still have plenty of drivers averaging 10-11 hours a day which leaves them with hours available for a 7th punch. But I was really just pointing out that it's not illegal to keep working without a reset which is what your post seemed to imply.

MynameisNeigan

I don't think anyone has actually made up their mind whether or not to work on Sunday, Christmas Eve.

It may happen, it may not. But I don't know of any supplement that pays triple time.

Some supplements would pay double time being Sunday, some a 7th punch, but triple time? Doubtful.
When they say triple I think they count the holiday pay (8hours at regular) plus the double time for that day just like this past Black Friday.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A lot of guys won't, but we still have plenty of drivers averaging 10-11 hours a day which leaves them with hours available for a 7th punch. But I was really just pointing out that it's not illegal to keep working without a reset which is what your post seemed to imply.
Totally agree.
The problem with that rule and our Teamster contract is it would be very difficult to get your contracted 8 hours a day.
You'd have to do some hours worked days on the weekend to roll your hours without a reset.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
When they say triple I think they count the holiday pay (8hours at regular) plus the double time for that day just like this past Black Friday.

Yea, I heard that a lot Black Friday. "I'm making triple time."

No, you're already getting paid for Black Friday whether you work or not. You're getting paid double time for working.

And Christmas Eve is not a Holiday.

At most, some supplements may have double time for working on a Sunday.

Yolo

When they say triple pay the mean they are getting 8 hours holiday pay. And double time for every hour worked.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ups can't to my knowledge FORCE anyone to work Xmas Eve. It's a Sunday and our contract states work weeks are Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat. I don't care if the online shoppers forgot what day Xmas was on this year, they will get their crap on Tuesday.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Ups can't to my knowledge FORCE anyone to work Xmas Eve. It's a Sunday and our contract states work weeks are Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat. I don't care if the online shoppers forgot what day Xmas was on this year, they will get their crap on Tuesday.
I agree they’ve already took my Saturday’s this December not taking Sunday too