oldngray

nowhere special
No. They are supposed to hang a poster of Taylor swift in the back window though.
Swift awesome.gif

Dhydratd

Perhaps all of the forced overtime we've been having to deal with the past year or so is UPS's plan so that we will welcome the thought of the PVD overtime relief and vote yes for it in the contract?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
it will depend on what makes sense locally, maybe they would maybe they wouldn't

if the choice is to put on an extra FSP with 4 hours of work, paid 8, or to overload some other FSP with it in a double trip, OR to call up some PVD who happens to have a van and is working straight-time with no guarantee?

easiest choice in the world, and i'll bet every dispatcher has to make that choice at least once a week
Yeah right buddy.
Then you will micromanage PVD hours/stops.
Only 1.9 hrs allowed per PVD
Oh goody another metric.

Faceplanted

Hopefully ups utilizes the pvd to full potential.... implement 2 tier wages and buy me out!!! I'll run with a decent severance package/buy out right out of the door asap

OrionsBitch

Not...
Year round? Have air drivers run the shuttles after they're done running EAM/NDA.
Seems like a waste to pay people to load a shuttle then shuttle stuff to a location and then take time to unload it into a spot and then load another car and deliver it. I think that's only for peak because stops are extremely dense. I think it would be easier to have preloaders stack out some stops and the PVD can pull in and pick then up and go deliver. Cuts out the middle man in a way.

35years

Gravy route
Their packages will be shuttled to a satellite location and left in a storage locker or perhaps a supervisor's garage
Supervisor's garage and POD thing kind of backfired around here.
Local ordinances controlling business etc.

Also the IRS and the DOT might receive an anonymous phone call
Any haz Mats in that garage?...