Getting ugly

Tony Q

Yeah dude, you're always right.

All we deliver is parallel to the post office parcels. Brilliant lie again.

We just had an off the street hire who is a trainer and fitness guy but became the worst dumpster fire I've seen in decades.
Let go in the third week. The company is not just drivers. The part time ranks is an eternal revolving door.
I remember a guy kinda like that that we had. Perfect specimen except he could grant the address system! That and the stress had him dine in about three weeks.

F

Frankie's Friend

Please post my compensation package. Pension cut for all management starting in 2023. MIP % that does not reflect the profit margins UPS announces. The hours that are either Equal to or Greater than your hours. Forced to work weekends without a single minute being paid for.

Then of course the harassment. We all get harrassed. You, me, and every UPS employee other than Abney. Leave your feelings at the door. Its no different than anywhere else I have worked. The military is actually much more fair and reasonable than corporate America. At least you have a Union to back you up. Dont pretend you all are treated that much worse than the management. If the job is not desirable, leave. Otherwise toughen up. #Snowflakes
Typical lie from management.

When you (finally) get busted for harassment you get moved.
The hourly gets walked out by the cops.
Post your workers comp record for management and tell me you have a right to whine about sitting in an office and taking phone calls.
Most of you couldn't do our jobs. That's why you bailed.
The prerequisite for your position would be a dishonest nature.
Pathetic whiner.

Steward773

They do work for us, but we elect them to negotiate on our behalf. If one has to tell you everything every step of the way is this really effective?

Being effective is having leverage. Do I expect updates everyday...no, but we haven’t heard squat other than the leaks. Why is that? The strike authorization vote is a good thing. Putting out updates on negotiations using OUR proposals will put pressure on the negotiators to earn their pay.

Tony Q

It's just not the newbies quitting, it's guys with 5-10 years.
Usually from what I've seen its guys in the first year too three year range. They haven't tasted the top rate yet, and they didn't wait ten years to get the job so I think the mentality is, not much time invested, so see ya...

F

Frankie's Friend

I agree with you but it is a fact of life. There are places people can work, make significantly less and be happy. Life is about choices. UPS as a whole is not a desirable place right now. A strike wont fix that.
It didn't used to be like this. Those who are deeply vested know the true story and are at an age that makes job hunting harder.
I dont feel sorry for you. I see that you crooked managers are finally getting yours now.
They sell Kleenex tissues at Kroger. Pick up a box on your way to the country club.

Tony Q

Being effective is having leverage. Do I expect updates everyday...no, but we haven’t heard squat other than the leaks. Why is that? The strike authorization vote is a good thing. Putting out updates on negotiations using OUR proposals will put pressure on the negotiators to earn their pay.
I agree with you on the strike authorization vote, I like this, But you can't negotiate on the shop floor. I see that you are a steward, I commend you for your service, thank you. Being a steward you are a front line grunt in a process, but you don't have the experience of negotiations. If you did I believe you would see it my way. Leaks I guess could be good if they are controlled, but these are mostly about politics. Two of the three ousted two days ago aren't UPSers and they might be good guys, but they are window dressing. Car Haul guys are awesome and all but don't know UPS. The guy from Rhode Island has actually done the job. If he wasn't a leaker then I believe it was a mistake to cut him lose. Him actually doing the job in the last five years is an important resource for negotiations. That and him being a principal officer. If he did leak and not work with the team then he got what he deserved.

Remember this. Sean and Matt hated each other less than a year ago. Now they are allies. Can you read between the lines?

F

Frankie's Friend

They do work for us, but we elect them to negotiate on our behalf. If one has to tell you everything every step of the way is this really effective?
Come on dude. You know that's not what people are upset about.

km3

If you invest the best years of your life waiting for a full time job and have to risk starting over you would think twice about quitting.

By then you would have an idea as to whether you wanted to work at this company or not.

Tony Q

By then you would have an idea as to whether you wanted to work at this company or not.
Yeah you would think that, but I know so many guys and ladies who waited between seven and fourteen years waiting for a job that they eventually got, stayed for the rest of their careers and were miserable. The fact that its the first job that a lot of these people ever had I think plays into the hatred for this job. Don't get me wrong, this job does have a suck factor to it but if you sit home for a month you usually come back with some fresh perspectives.

F

Frankie's Friend

I agree with you on the strike authorization vote, I like this, But you can't negotiate on the shop floor. I see that you are a steward, I commend you for your service, thank you. Being a steward you are a front line grunt in a process, but you don't have the experience of negotiations. If you did I believe you would see it my way. Leaks I guess could be good if they are controlled, but these are mostly about politics. Two of the three ousted two days ago aren't UPSers and they might be good guys, but they are window dressing. Car Haul guys are awesome and all but don't know UPS. The guy from Rhode Island has actually done the job. If he wasn't a leaker then I believe it was a mistake to cut him lose. Him actually doing the job in the last five years is an important resource for negotiations. That and him being a principal officer. If he did leak and not work with the team then he got what he deserved.

Remember this. Sean and Matt hated each other less than a year ago. Now they are allies. Can you read between the lines?
Please tell me that the ibt elections are coming up in the next 3 months since you say this is about politics.

Politics. The easy scapegoat term.

Its about concessions and a GP/ST that many dont trust.

The word should be credibility, not politics, and/or the lack thereof.

Tony Q

Come on dude. You know that's not what people are upset about.
So what are you upset about? That they sent home a guy who's only experience with UPS is that he is from Car Haul and pretty much knows nothing about UPS isn't going to go to San Diego on the members dime and have a good time?

Last edited:

Tony Q

Please tell me that the ibt elections are coming up in the next 3 months since you say this is about politics.

Politics. The easy scapegoat term.

Its about concessions and a GP/ST that many dont trust.

The word should be credibility, not politics, and/or the lack thereof.
Last time I checked there are already three guys who have come out in the last year and said they are running for GP. This is unprecedented. In actuality JPH hasn't ruled out that he is not going to run again and there is another guy actively politicking behind the scenes trying to gain support to be the fifth. All this and Rome still is going to be eligible to run when he serves his suspension. I'll tell you this Rome has huge support out west and will drop right back into his slot. You need to read between the lines my friend.

km3

Yeah you would think that, but I know so many guys and ladies who waited between seven and fourteen years waiting for a job that they eventually got, stayed for the rest of their careers and were miserable. The fact that its the first job that a lot of these people ever had I think plays into the hatred for this job. Don't get me wrong, this job does have a suck factor to it but if you sit home for a month you usually come back with some fresh perspectives.

It only took me a year to realize I wasn't staying here the rest of my life. Fortunately most people in my building can find out quickly whether it's "for them" or not since it only takes 6 months to go driving.

Usually from what I've seen its guys in the first year too three year range. They haven't tasted the top rate yet, and they didn't wait ten years to get the job so I think the mentality is, not much time invested, so see ya...
I've seen quite a few in the last cicoup of years at top rate leave. Just like @Bastiatian said, they can't see doing this crap for 25+ more years

Steward773

Thank you. Well, I have never been involved in contract negotiations....but I have bought many vehicles in my life. All I know is....the company makes record profits every quarter, the employees submitted many strong proposals, and we have the right to strike. I think any negotiators anywhere would love to have those facts on their side .

Tony Q

Thank you. Well, I have never been involved in contract negotiations....but I have bought many vehicles in my life. All I know is....the company makes record profits every quarter, the employees submitted many strong proposals, and we have the right to strike. I think any negotiators anywhere would love to have those facts on their side .
I agree, with most of your statement, but I've bought a lot of vehicles and know my way around a contract negotiation or two. These two things are totally different. When I was like you, with your experience, I said the same thing.