Getting ugly

F

Frankie's Friend

So what are you upset about? That they sent home a guy who's only experience with UPS is that he is from Car Haul and pretty much knows nothing about UPS isn't going to go to San Diego on the members dime and have a good time?
That's not the only one they booted. Do you think we're ingnorant? Try honesty...not deflection .
Again, for those that read and comprehend, it's not about leaking every single thing it is about the garbage deal from last contract in all probability bleeding into this one and the concessions associated.
What is your problem dude? You sound like KB from Pennsylvania Avenue. Master of confusion and deflection.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah you would think that, but I know so many guys and ladies who waited between seven and fourteen years waiting for a job that they eventually got, stayed for the rest of their careers and were miserable. The fact that its the first job that a lot of these people ever had I think plays into the hatred for this job. Don't get me wrong, this job does have a suck factor to it but if you sit home for a month you usually come back with some fresh perspectives.
Why would someone "sit home for a month"?
Waiting for a panel? Is that your scenario?
If it is the only job that supports what you owe maybe sitting at home in any occupation will give a "fresh perspective".
Are you well?

If it is the only job that supports what you owe maybe sitting at home in any occupation will give a "fresh perspective".
Are you well?
Vacation, comp, disability.

Tony Q

Are you well?
Very well, thank you for inquiring. Sitting home could mean being terminated or laid off. Whatever it is I've been around and seen it first hand, being away from the misery factory, not in your terms gives you a fresh perspective. Hope you are doing well friend.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Two of the three that were kicked off have actual six hour full time employees in their local. Its been going on for years and they have done nothing to stop this. I don't know about you, but a six hour guarantee full-time worker is garbage.
You fail to mention the contract was forced on them.

Tony Q

That's not the only one they booted. Do you think we're ingnorant? Try honesty...not deflection .
Again, for those that read and comprehend, it's not about leaking every single thing it is about the garbage deal from last contract in all probability bleeding into this one and the concessions associated.
What is your problem dude? You sound like KB from Pennsylvania Avenue. Master of confusion and deflection.
If you can't take dialogue thats different than yours then I don't know what to tell you. I've been more than respectful to you, and in turn you trade insults. Again thank you for inquiring about my health, hope you are doing well as well.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

If you can't take dialogue thats different than yours then I don't know what to tell you. I've been more than respectful to you, and in turn you trade insults. Again thank you for inquiring about my health, hope you are doing well as well.
I dont mind different dialogue.
I can't appreciate lies and deflection.
Now insults? You've got a funny way of being insulted when you get caught up in deflection.
Truth is a rare commodity here in the political arena.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Taylor is a UPSer, while O'Brien is not. I like both of them, but Sean's experience in the movie industry doesn't equate to UPS in my opinion. Even though he has never worked a minute in the craft I still think he has a lot of knowledge. It was a shame that he got fired, but I believe this was his plan all along to leapfrog into the GP spot. Nobody wants to be the lead negotiator for this contract, I mean KNOW BODY. This is a complete loser for anyone who would want to be the next General President. In my opinion Sean wanted to lose this job from day one and from day one he started campaigning. Now I'm no fan of Hoffa, but Sean deliberately did not follow instructions from the start. The real funny thing is that Freds loyal followers won't get behind Sean, because they know he does whats best for his own political interests.
Man you are way off.

CanOSup

One of them
Typical lie from management.

When you (finally) get busted for harassment you get moved.
The hourly gets walked out by the cops.
Post your workers comp record for management and tell me you have a right to whine about sitting in an office and taking phone calls.
Most of you couldn't do our jobs. That's why you bailed.
The prerequisite for your position would be a dishonest nature.
Pathetic whiner.

Curious as to which part I stated was a "Lie". I stated 100% accurate facts. 1) Management pension is cut. 2) MIP percentages have been low compared to profits. 3)I work more hours than you. Period. I know this because you cant drive after 60, I work 60 everyweek. 4) I have worked many saturdays without compensation. 5)and finally everybody deals with harrasment.

I didnt bring up comp, you did. Foolish comparison as any sane person would agree you do more physical labor than management. You chose that...not sure of the relevance to what I was saying.

"Most of you couldnt do our jobs". Some could, some couldnt. Again irrelevant argument to what I had stated. I was countering your management compensation argument not that I could or would do your job. Life is about choices remember? I made mine, so did you.

I was also simply stating the fact that you need to cowboy up, get a different job, or shutup. Thanks.

CanOSup

One of them
It didn't used to be like this. Those who are deeply vested know the true story and are at an age that makes job hunting harder.
I dont feel sorry for you. I see that you crooked managers are finally getting yours now.
They sell Kleenex tissues at Kroger. Pick up a box on your way to the country club.

Not about "Crooked" managers getting theirs. Or you feeling sorry for me. I could care less what some outraged internet troll assumes to be true about someone they have never met. Trying to show you that you are not the only group who has been "wronged". UPS isnt the only employer who acts like this. The world does not revolve around UPS. The sooner you see this the better

F

Frankie's Friend

Curious as to which part I stated was a "Lie". I stated 100% accurate facts. 1) Management pension is cut. 2) MIP percentages have been low compared to profits. 3)I work more hours than you. Period. I know this because you cant drive after 60, I work 60 everyweek. 4) I have worked many saturdays without compensation. 5)and finally everybody deals with harrasment.

I didnt bring up comp, you did. Foolish comparison as any sane person would agree you do more physical labor than management. You chose that...not sure of the relevance to what I was saying.

"Most of you couldnt do our jobs". Some could, some couldnt. Again irrelevant argument to what I had stated. I was countering your management compensation argument not that I could or would do your job. Life is about choices remember? I made mine, so did you.

I was also simply stating the fact that you need to cowboy up, get a different job, or shutup. Thanks.
"Work". Your definition has nothing to do with our jobs.
Harassment is created, overlooked, and supported by your group.
It's a waste of time posting to you. I thought you were retiring tomorrow.

35years

Gravy route
jesus christ do I have to explain everything to you people????

what do you think the company is going to scream about to the press if there is a hint of a strike or an actual strike????? high wages and bennies to the drivers.

just like they did in 1997. I still have all the papers the company handed out during that strike. back then that is all they ( mostly ) did. scream about the average driver making 50k . ( back in 1997 )
So what?
In 1997 the public rallied behind us even though UPS shouted about how much we make. It did not work then, and would not work now.

if we strike the Union gets to say why we are striking...And they will not say wages.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So what?
In 1997 the public rallied behind us even though UPS shouted about how much we make. It did not work then, and would not work now.

if we strike the Union gets to say why we are striking...And they will not say wages.
well, you may right. i just hope it doesn't come to that.

i really think the Teamsters are not going to get too much public support this time.

CanOSup

One of them
"Work". Your definition has nothing to do with our jobs.
Harassment is created, overlooked, and supported by your group.
It's a waste of time posting to you. I thought you were retiring tomorrow.

My definition of work is the same as yours. Somewhere we perform an activity mental or physical, get paid, and are away from our friends and family.

You continue going back to comparing my job to yours. That argument has no merit. Our jobs arent the same im not disputing you on this so you can cease going back to it as the crutch of your argument.

Harassment happens on both sides management to drivers, drivers to management, management to management, driver to driver. Anyone who doesnt see that is either blind, foolish, or in denial.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
To what end? All the public will hear is that we make upward of $36/hr to bring QVC to hoarders and will ask "where do I sign up?".
Those who make that money at UPS as hourly emoloyees are the vast minority, and those who do, invested many years to get there.

Why would a Teamster, days from retirement, still be spouting the Company line???

Pathetic.