Getting ugly

YUOVER95

upload_2018-5-4_20-50-9.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

If you can't keep negotiations between the negotiating without leaking it out you aren't a big boy or a big girl. Its just like the kids in school who can't behave, they get detention or go to the principals office. The two got sent to their own local to their Principal officers office. Now they can better serve their members there by being on the ground meeting face to face with their own members rather than eating out three times a day, getting their two drinks and hotels, airfare, Etc Etc. The other guy is a principal officer and he has things going on in his local that need to be addressed. So its a win win situation.

As far as there being enough members on the negotiating committee. There are always to may to begin with. A lot of them are just wasting their own locals money by being there.
Vacations abound.

Tony Q

MT from 251 worked at UPS over 14 years. PO over 4 years now.
I take that back. He was a part-timer eight years, 22.3 for three years and a driver for three years. Thanks for the correction. That is one hell of a resume compared to six years. He started there at 27, so I imagine he worked in another Teamster craft. Compared to the other two that were ousted yesterday he defiantly should have been there, if he wasn't a leaker.

Tony Q

Whew, that's reassuring. Sounds like the remaining Teamster negotiators will be able to whip up a strong contract now that the leakers are out and everything can be kept on the DL.
Honestly, I don't know if they can whip up a strong enough contract that the members will ever ratify. I see a strike in our future. If this happens I don't know what the outcome will be. It's kind of a poop or get off the pot for UPS. They have spent so much on technology in the past two decades that they almost have to call our bluff. What the outcome of a strike in this present environment could be catastrophic or could work out. If there is one thing I remember from the last strike is that a lot of people got laid off in the next year or so, and they fired as many people as they could. That strike left a bad taste in managements mouth that never left. Now with this younger generation of management and there lack of commitment to the company, due to not actually being PARTNERS anymore I could see a downward spiral of apathy that would make it a who really cares for management.

Don't get me wrong I don't like over zealous management, but I don't want management like Freight or the Auto Industry used to have that runs profitable companies into the ground and makes a good sustainable living go right down the toilet.