Getting ugly

Honestly, I don't know if they can whip up a strong enough contract that the members will ever ratify. I see a strike in our future. If this happens I don't know what the outcome will be. It's kind of a poop or get off the pot for UPS. They have spent so much on technology in the past two decades that they almost have to call our bluff. What the outcome of a strike in this present environment could be catastrophic or could work out. If there is one thing I remember from the last strike is that a lot of people got laid off in the next year or so, and they fired as many people as they could. That strike left a bad taste in managements mouth that never left. Now with this younger generation of management and there lack of commitment to the company, due to not actually being PARTNERS anymore I could see a downward spiral of apathy that would make it a who really cares for management.

Don't get me wrong I don't like over zealous management, but I don't want management like Freight or the Auto Industry used to have that runs profitable companies into the ground and makes a good sustainable living go right down the toilet.
They could do so much stuff to make this job much better. If somebody just learned that if you treat people like human beings thongs would go so much better here. Do you feel like running your balls off or going the extra mile for someone that treats you like crap?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

They could do so much stuff to make this job much better. If somebody just learned that if you treat people like human beings thongs would go so much better here. Do you feel like running your balls off or going the extra mile for someone that treats you like crap?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Honestly, I don't know if they can whip up a strong enough contract that the members will ever ratify. I see a strike in our future. If this happens I don't know what the outcome will be. It's kind of a poop or get off the pot for UPS. They have spent so much on technology in the past two decades that they almost have to call our bluff. What the outcome of a strike in this present environment could be catastrophic or could work out. If there is one thing I remember from the last strike is that a lot of people got laid off in the next year or so, and they fired as many people as they could. That strike left a bad taste in managements mouth that never left. Now with this younger generation of management and there lack of commitment to the company, due to not actually being PARTNERS anymore I could see a downward spiral of apathy that would make it a who really cares for management.

Don't get me wrong I don't like over zealous management, but I don't want management like Freight or the Auto Industry used to have that runs profitable companies into the ground and makes a good sustainable living go right down the toilet.

We will just work under the old contract for awhile!!

Indecisi0n

About how much full time seniority do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

I agree with Gumby here. I treat people they way they treat me. I have see many center manager's come and go and its obvious that this toxic harassment work environment is taught from UPS. We all have A-hole bosses but for almost every single one to be like that shows something. If that how UPS wants to treat me then I will gladly return the favor. I am moving out of package for this reason so it will no longer be my problem for the most part. I am ready for a strike financially and mentally so I won't lose a second of sleep over it. It's all about principle for me.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
giphy (1).gif

I agree with Gumby here. I treat people they way they treat me. I have see many center manager's come and go and its obvious that this toxic harassment work environment is taught from UPS. We all have A-hole bosses but for almost every single one to be like that shows something. If that how UPS wants to treat me then I will gladly return the favor. I am moving out of package for this reason so it will no longer be my problem for the most part. I am ready for a strike financially and mentally so I won't lose a second of sleep over it. It's all about principle for me.
They need to send management to a ...how to treat people seminar.
Fortunately my current management team is pretty good but over the decades I worked for some real pieces of garbage.

Treat me like a person and don't nickel and dime me with stupid crap and things will go much smoother.

Indecisi0n

They need to send management to a ...how to treat people seminar.
Fortunately my current management team is pretty good but over the decades I worked for some real pieces of garbage.

Treat me like a person and don't nickel and dime me with stupid crap and things will go much smoother.

There are a very few select people (including management) that treat me fairly. Whenever they ask me for a favor I will go out of my way to help them out because they would do the same for me. My current center manager tells me he is going to fire me all the time, I never worked so slow in my life. He just doesn't get it. Keep pushing me and I just push back harder. You don't demand respect, you earn it.

vvv

There are a very few select people (including management) that treat me fairly. Whenever they ask me for a favor I will go out of my way to help them out because they would do the same for me. My current center manager tells me he is going to fire me all the time, I never worked so slow in my life. He just doesn't get it. Keep pushing me and I just push back harder. You don't demand respect, you earn it.

Ahhhh.......so you are at that stage and point in time here huh. Too funny!! I turned the tables on them long ago and actually was asking them to fire me on the basis of doing my job too good.

I use to hear that ALL THE TIME!! Now I seldom hear much of a peep because the last couple groups of sups/managers I think finally figured out to just leave me alone because I'm too far gone and a lost cause in terms of giving a crap about anything and fearing their words is a no go.

2-4 hours over daily for probably the last 15 years is a strong indication I could give a dump about their frivolous nonsense and numbers games.

Tony Q

I agree, I've seen it happen. Good management can work wonders for moral.

Tony Q

I understand your feelings , I really do. Are you going up to feeders? Again if you don't mind me asking, about how much full-time seniority do you have?

Tony Q

We will just work under the old contract for awhile!!
If we strike them or UPS locks us out this could possibly not be an option. I'm financially ready for a strike, well as much as I can, because even if I am a majority aren't, then what. How would you feel if we take it to the picket line and you fellow brothers and sisters cross over in droves? I see it over and over again. My fellow brothers and sisters are mortgaged out the Butt. They have two car payments, boats, summer homes, time shares, and every other excuse under the sun. Its not like you are standing with the warriors from the movies 300, or the dirty dozen. My so called brothers and sisters scare the crap out of me as far as having my back.

Tony Q

I don't want to say. Why do you ask?
Thats fine, sorry I asked you again in a previous post. I was just going to help you do the math as to where you might fall in the final outcome of a strike. Your previous post, where you alloud to a possible classification change really made my question pertinent but I respect you privacy. Good luck in your future job, and may it be a happier enviroment.